Highlighted

Major problems with Robohelp 2020 not displaying TOC, Index, and Search information

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to robohelp 2020 and having major problems with the product not displaying my help correctly. The upgrade went smoothly, and when I first display the output the TOC displays. However, the index and search does not work. When I go back to the TOC after going to the index, now the TOC no longer displays. Any ideas?  Could this be an IE problem? IE is the default browser here so it has to work for IE.

thanks to all that  respond

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Major problems with Robohelp 2020 not displaying TOC, Index, and Search information

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to robohelp 2020 and having major problems with the product not displaying my help correctly. The upgrade went smoothly, and when I first display the output the TOC displays. However, the index and search does not work. When I go back to the TOC after going to the index, now the TOC no longer displays. Any ideas?  Could this be an IE problem? IE is the default browser here so it has to work for IE.

thanks to all that  respond

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's establish whether it is a project problem or an environment problem.

Generate the supplied About RoboHelp sample project. Does that work OK?

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can generate without errors. It is when I view that there's a problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry i missed you note about hitting the blue reply button

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using About RoboHelp, it gives the same issues in IE as your project correct?

I understand you need IE but try both projects in another browser such as Edge and/or Firefox.

Which output are you generating?

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely an IE problem. I was able to use my chrome browser and the help is working fine. I had this same problem initially with RH 2019 until I got an update from Adobe. So it looks like I and my coworker needs this again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not saying it isn't an IE problem, simply wanting to prove it in this instance.

Please answer my questions as I need that information to confirm what I think might be the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0