• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major problems with Robohelp 2020 not displaying TOC, Index, and Search information

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to robohelp 2020 and having major problems with the product not displaying my help correctly. The upgrade went smoothly, and when I first display the output the TOC displays. However, the index and search does not work. When I go back to the TOC after going to the index, now the TOC no longer displays. Any ideas?  Could this be an IE problem? IE is the default browser here so it has to work for IE.

thanks to all that  respond

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's establish whether it is a project problem or an environment problem.

Generate the supplied About RoboHelp sample project. Does that work OK?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can generate without errors. It is when I view that there's a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry i missed you note about hitting the blue reply button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using About RoboHelp, it gives the same issues in IE as your project correct?

I understand you need IE but try both projects in another browser such as Edge and/or Firefox.

Which output are you generating?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely an IE problem. I was able to use my chrome browser and the help is working fine. I had this same problem initially with RH 2019 until I got an update from Adobe. So it looks like I and my coworker needs this again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not saying it isn't an IE problem, simply wanting to prove it in this instance.

Please answer my questions as I need that information to confirm what I think might be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry

Any other questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frameless or responsive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

responsive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just generated About RoboHelp using the Azure Blue skin and it's working fine in IE.

IE11.959.18362.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok my post didn't seem to go through so I will try again. I have the same version number. I don't remember the name of the skin I used because it has been quite some time since I picked the skin. However, I included a picture. I will post the text and then the picture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help_file.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see your image but which skin is it and is you version of IE the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note. When the help first displays, the TOC does have information. However, if you go to the index and back to the TOC then there is no information in the TOC. So the picture was taken after I went to the index and back to the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had trouble when I first included the image in my post and the post didn't go through. so i first sent the text and then the picture.  But to answer your question, I have the exact same version of IE as you. I sent the picture because I don't remember the name of the skin because I changed the name to the product name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in your preset to find out which skin.

Try selecting Azure Blue to see if that works for you. If you are already using Azure Blue, add a fresh copy with a slightly different name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Azure Blue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added Azure_blue and the same thing happens. I generate and when it displays the TOC displays. However, go to the index and nothing. Go back to the TOC and now the TOC doesn't display. Same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I load the same help file in Chrome with azure_blue skin. no problems at all going back and forth with the tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you generating to the same drive as your project. This is looking like an environment problem as About RoboHelp works for me using Azure Blue and IE.

Are you opening the help direct or through some software?

Are you able to share the project? See the Contact page on my site if you can share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold up. I missed an important part of the issue you are reporting. Yes the index is failing and yes the TOC then fails. My apologies for missing that.

I will take that up with Adobe but there won't be an answer today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay. I did send an email to Adobe Tech Support already because I assumed it would come to this. I did go around and around with this same problem when I installed Adobe 2019 until everyone realized it really was an IE problem and Adobe sent me a fix. I hope this doesn't cause any problems. But I truly thank you for all your time and effort. Any help on your end to get the fix quicker would be greatly apprepriated.   If someone needs to contact me, send me a post here. or techsupport can respond to my email.  thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am not sure if I can help here, but I had several issues with IE here and there with Robohelp responsive help outputs. You could try the following and see if it helps:

Create a test project with only a few files for testing. Add the following line in your .htm-files of the output:

<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost

after the first line. You'll have to enter this for all .htm-files of your output, so if this works for you, create a script that does this job for you (or ask a dev). 

Then try again if index and search will work then.

You could also try this line:

<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->

See this topic for further reference:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/html5-and-mark-of-the-web/td-p/6223994?page=1#8918264

Kind regards

Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just gave that a try with no success but I do know that this is being looked into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp