• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manually Add Word docs as "linked documents"

Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a network drive within the folder structure, there are 173 folders that have Word documents that I want to link from the network to my RoboHelp project. Is there a way to add these documents as linked documents all at once without navigating to each of the 173 folders?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

The following is a snippet from my rhWordDocs.apj file. For each of the Word documents I'm linking to, the "template_name" value is blank. Where is that set within RoboHelp?

<word_doc>

<file_name>S:\Disaster Recovery Planning\_____DisasterRecoveryDocsSingleFolder\Refresh  MDR from REL and wipe.docx</file_name>

<settingsflag>0</settingsflag>

<afolder>Refresh  MDR from REL and wipe</afolder>

<pfolder></pfolder>

<type>2</type>

<location>2</location>

<flags>1073741824</flags>

<cshstring>TopicAlias</cshstring

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you up to some scripting? With a script, you can traverse all directories and link every word document that you find.

If I had to make such a script, it would probably take me 2 hours. So unless you want to do this exercise more than once, you may be better of going through the folders manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping to edit a config file like when I used to edit project files with Notepad in my WinHelp projects years ago. I think after I have the Word docs linked and after I have updated RoboHelp to create HTML files for each, I will look at what the .fpj files look like. Maybe I can manipulate them with some find / replace actions. And you’re right – this is a one-time task so looking @ the FPJ file will be a “when I have time” kind of fun project.

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you can edit the rhWordDocs.apj file if you want to do it below the surface. It's just an XML and you can create links that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William,

I have to prep for a meeting in 20 minutes so I can’t roll up my sleeves and work on this at the moment, but you just made my day!!!!

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The following is a snippet from my rhWordDocs.apj file. For each of the Word documents I'm linking to, the "template_name" value is blank. Where is that set within RoboHelp?

<word_doc>

<file_name>S:\Disaster Recovery Planning\_____DisasterRecoveryDocsSingleFolder\Refresh  MDR from REL and wipe.docx</file_name>

<settingsflag>0</settingsflag>

<afolder>Refresh  MDR from REL and wipe</afolder>

<pfolder></pfolder>

<type>2</type>

<location>2</location>

<flags>1073741824</flags>

<cshstring>TopicAlias</cshstring>

<authorstatus>0</authorstatus>

<status>3</status>

<template_name></template_name>

<cbt_mode>2</cbt_mode>

<buildtags></buildtags>

<toc_assoc>0</toc_assoc>

<index_assoc>0</index_assoc>

<glossary_assoc>0</glossary_assoc>

<override_flag>0</override_flag>

<gen_files>

<genfile>

<filename>Refresh  MDR from REL and wipe\Refresh__MDR_from_REL_and_wipe.css</filename>

<typeid>1</typeid>

<status>0</status>

<chksm>0</chksm>

</genfile>

<genfile>

<filename>Refresh  MDR from REL and wipe\Refresh__MDR_from_REL_and_wipe.htm</filename>

<typeid>0</typeid>

<status>0</status>

<chksm>0</chksm>

</genfile>

</gen_files>

<pattern>&lt;$paratext&gt;</pattern>

<asciionlyfilenames>0</asciionlyfilenames>

</word_doc>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp