Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mapping list styles to Word template

Participant ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebHelp | RH2015

I'm struggling to get my RH styles to pull through into my printed documentation. Does anyone have experience of mapping RH list styles to Word template list styles?

I've created a new list style in RH but it doesn't appear for mapping in the Print Document Appearance step of the Printed Documentation wizard.

Can list styles be mapped? If so, can anyone explain the correct process?

Many thanks

Jonathan Smith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible to map to Word single level lists because of Word limitations. I suspect therefore that is why Adobe have suppressed your style, I would need to check that to be sure. However, even if your Rh list did appear, mapping would not be possible so it is academic.

The easy solution is to work with multi-level lists but just use the first level. They can be mapped to multi-level Word lists.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, thanks Peter.

Interestingly, list styles are pulled through without any mapping but the font size isn't if it is specified as pixels in the RH style sheet. For example, if a list's font size is set as 14px in the CSS, then it shows as 10.5pt in the Word document output, instead of 11pt (which is the equivalent point size). If this is changed to points in the CSS, then it works fine. This is the same with table styles.

I'm not sure if this is a bug with the printed document conversion or just a quirk of my setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp