Highlighted

Marking topics in Robohelp 7 to filter in Robohelp 2015

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is our situation:

We are working in RoboHelp 7.  We have many projects and about 40,000 topics in our current Help.

We are upgrading to RoboHelp 2015, but not until after one more maintenance release, at which point, we will totally reorganize our Help and use filters heavily.

I am still editing topics in RoboHelp 7, but am also trying to prepare for the upgrade.

As I work on these many, many files, I'd like to apply some kind of markers that would help me filter the material after the upgrade. It doesn't have to be picked up by the program, but at least I'd be able to quickly see that "this file is theory" and "this file is a how to," and organize/filter them accordingly.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I might do that?

Thanks!!

Susan

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter Grainge | Adobe Community Professional

... and for another idea. Apply build tags and sort by build tag in Topic List.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Topics

HTML

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Marking topics in Robohelp 7 to filter in Robohelp 2015

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is our situation:

We are working in RoboHelp 7.  We have many projects and about 40,000 topics in our current Help.

We are upgrading to RoboHelp 2015, but not until after one more maintenance release, at which point, we will totally reorganize our Help and use filters heavily.

I am still editing topics in RoboHelp 7, but am also trying to prepare for the upgrade.

As I work on these many, many files, I'd like to apply some kind of markers that would help me filter the material after the upgrade. It doesn't have to be picked up by the program, but at least I'd be able to quickly see that "this file is theory" and "this file is a how to," and organize/filter them accordingly.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I might do that?

Thanks!!

Susan

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter Grainge | Adobe Community Professional

@petergrainge

Topics

HTML

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're comfortable editing HTML, I would add a unique comment in the the <head> section of the HTML files - for example, "Met@llic@ i$ t1e Gre@test B@nd". Otherwise, use a "Status" or "To Do" field on the topic properties. It has been far too long since I used version 7 for me to remember the navigation to those options...

Paul Hanson

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I think I might just create folders and move the topics into the folders.

Cheers... Rick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@petergrainge

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines