• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Page Properties Reversal - RH11

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use a Master Page header to export the Title field as a Heading 1 style. This creates a pseudo Heading 1 component in each topic's header with the title of the topic automatically configured. This effectively removes the Heading 1 tags from each topic.

Re-purposing the HTML file elsewhere is causing problems because it contains no Heading 1 tags.

Does anyone know how to globally reverse this feature i.e. put back all the Heading 1 components including their system field/variable?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm wondering if compiling a CHM might be the easy way here. You then de-compile it extract the topics.

Although, I'm admittedly lost and confused by your statement:

put back all the Heading 1 components including their system field/variable?

If one isn't using a Master Page, there typically are no components that contain a system field/variable.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Sorry if I confused you. Let me try and explain:

1. Originally, for the title of each topic, we inserted a 'Title' field and assigned it a Heading 1 style. This gave us a banner at the top of each topic that was populated from the topic's properties.
  2. Later we decided to use a Master Page. We inserted the 'Title' field in its header and assigned it as a Heading 1. This header was then propagated through all topics in the project. However, we now had two titles, one embedded in the topic and another exported from the Master Page so we deleted ALL of the original headings. It worked well and any new topic added was automatically populated with its title as a Heading 1. 

Without the Master Page, ALL of the topics will lose their titles. Basically, I want to return to the original condition stated in item 1.

I could open each topic and simply insert the 'Title' field and give it a Heading 1 style again but I feel I would still be at it after Christmas.

A snippet can be converted to text. I was wondering if there was any way to achieve a similar result globally, or is there a tool that can do the same thing.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is more rhetorical than anything else, but did it take you that long to edit each topic to remove that original heading when you saw the duplicates?

I think in this case you may want to contact Willam VanWeelden at his site and contract with him to create a script that could be used to accomplish this goal. Unless, of course, you have the wherewithal to create your own script. I don't and I suspect you don't as well. Otherwise you wouldn't be here asking how to resolve this issue.

Willam's site may be opened using the link below.

Click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp