Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masterpage being applied to random pages in PDFs

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm using RH 2019 (New). When I apply a masterpage to my PDF output, it only applies the header and footer elements to certain pages, seemingly at random. 

After starting a new TOC from scratch, it seems tied to the inclusion of more Chapters. If I add one or two, it's fine. On chapter three or four, the masterpage header and footer seems to be introduced periodically. 

But the stylesheet attached to the masterpage is applied regardless.

I'm continuing to test, but would be interested to know if anyone else has had this issue.

I have the masterpage applied to all pages etc via the PDF output config.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps open one topic where the header/footer works and one that doesn't and compare the topic properties. Perhaps there's a difference in the stylesheet or master page applied to the topics? Theoretically the setting in the output preset should take precedence, but it's 2019 New so maybe something changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, is the Header and Footer absent or just in the wrong style?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I've tried applying the masterpage to individual topics, too. It doesn't seem to solve much. The style applies, but the header and footer appear intermittently. Sometimes, one or both appear. Sometimes, nothing. Messing with font spacing and settings sometimes would cause the header to appear. 

Like all my RH problems, it's a mystery more than often. I've never had so many problems with software before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can we step back a bit as you have had various problems in various threads, the project has been on three machines (not sure if all you or different people), been in both 2020 and 2019 I think so it has been downgraded, and so on?

It seems to me the project needs a good examination but you have said you can't share it with me. That would be no one but myself. 

Can I suggest you have a word with your management and get their permission. I'm sure I could get Adobe to vouch for me if really necessary. 

Then you could set all the issues and we might get somewhere. Right now I'm like a mechanic where you won't bring the car in but still want it fixed. 🙂

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp