• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MasterThemeSchema.xml file has invalid data error when customizing layout

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to customize my layout for Responsive HTML5 I get an error "MasterThemeSchema.xml file has invalid data". I've tried creating new layouts and editing existing layouts. The first time I click Customize Selected Layout it works. But any attempt after that produces the error. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved this thread to the HTML5 forum.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you have selected a responsive layout rather than a multiscreen layout?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I found someone else with the problem and Adobe suggested not working with files over the network, so I'll give that a try. That's a disappointing response because in our work environment, we do not store files locally (for backups, accessibility, etc.) so I'll have to copy everything to the network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has not working over the network fixed the problem? If it has, check both ways again to establish beyond doubt that it is a problem with working on the network. If it does prove to be that, please file a bug but also post back here.

Please follow this link to report a bug.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had some time to play with it this morning and working from the network does seem to cause the issue. I found that you have to click Save in the Responsive HTML Properties window (e.g, go to customize, make a change, click Save, click Save again) for the error to happen. Following the same steps, I do not get the error when working from my desktop. Bug submitted; thanks for the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone reading this thread with problems on the MasterThemeSchema.xml, I created a XSD to help you find problems in the XML file. You can get the XSD from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfqnqdvx5u8cdgx/MasterThemeSchema.xsd?dl=0

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem with MasterThemeSchema.xml and just tried to access the tool via dropbox mentioned above by Willam, but the page or file is no longer there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send Willam a private message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I've done that. Thanks, Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I cleaned up the file at some point. Here is a working link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eq23v7xlhowfnue/MasterThemeSchema.xsd?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam,

Thank you very much!

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I was away at a conference from 22-27 January, with no access to email.

(I work in a gov office, and cannot log in outside the office.)

Thanks again,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same error along with an entire classroom full of students in a Help Authoring course. Our files are saved on a network drive by necessity. Is there any other work around to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easy way is to delete the layout from the project and add it once again from the Gallery. Does that help?

It's strange that the file would become corrupted. Any changes made to the layout recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MasterThemeSchema for our RoboHelp 15 project seems to be radically different from the file sample you posted. My file is generating an "invalid data" message, and the file itself appears to be truncated at the end (stops in the middle of a variable description). Would you be willing to attempt a repair? Might not be enough to work with. I have no idea how much of the file was corrupted (I am not a coder). There are a bunch of group statements at the beginning, and then a LONG list of variables in this format:

<variable>

<name>filter_selected_image_checkbox</name>

<uiname>Active checkbox</uiname>

<type>FILE</type>

<value>filter_mark.png</value>

<group res_ID="ID_GROUP_FILTER"/>

<visual_properties height="10px" left="10px" top="213px" width="80px"/>

<description>The image shown before an active filter when you use the checkbox filter type. Use a square image for best results.</description>

<default-value>filter_mark.png</default-value>

<allowedvalues/>

<sources/>

</variable>

This is how the file ends:

<variable>

<name>filter_unselected_image_checkbox</name>

<uiname>Inactive checkbox</uiname>

<type>FILE</type>

<value>filter_nomark.png</value>

<group res_ID="ID_GROUP_FILTER"/>

<visual_properties height="10px" left="10px" top="251px" width="80px"/>

<description>The image shown before an inactive filter when you use the checkbox filter type. Use a square image for

Thanks for any comments. It would be helpful to me to know how to use the file you provided. Is it intended to replace a corrupt file with a "fresh" template? Or does it define all the primary file areas/components? As I say, I am not a coder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The XSLT file I shared is a different type of file. It only aims at validating your MasterThemeSchema so that you can more quickly find issues.

If half of the file is missing, trying to repair it isn't really an option. The quickest fix is to add the layout to the project again. Then, using File explorer, copy the MasterThemeSchema.xml from the correct output into your customised output. The Screen Layout editor is reset, but your previous changes in the layout (colors, images, settings) are retained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp