• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu icon disappears when a browser window exceeds a given length

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with RoboHelp 2017 to create a responsive HTML5 output for a customized Indigo template. When I view the output in Firefox, IE, and Chrome, the hamburger menu icon disappears when the browser is maximized. Each browser has a different size threshold for the icon disappearing. How can I fix this and make the icon always visible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

I edited your post as RoboHelp 17 has not yet been released. The correct name helps others when searching.

hamburger.png

I think you are referring to this icon and that is only shown in the tablet and phone views as you don't need it in desktop view. It accesses the TOC that is available in desktop view.

If you go into skin customisation you can change the size settings in Media Queries so that the desktop mode is never seen. It's your call but that seems to be making it more difficult for the user as they have

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited your post as RoboHelp 17 has not yet been released. The correct name helps others when searching.

hamburger.png

I think you are referring to this icon and that is only shown in the tablet and phone views as you don't need it in desktop view. It accesses the TOC that is available in desktop view.

If you go into skin customisation you can change the size settings in Media Queries so that the desktop mode is never seen. It's your call but that seems to be making it more difficult for the user as they have to click the hamburger icon each time they want to change the topic they are looking at.

If I have misunderstood what you are getting at, let me know.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, thanks for your response! I've included the icon I'm referring to below. I think we're talking about the same thing, however, my user base wants the icon to appear in the desktop version.

4-25-2019 1-00-23 PM.png

You mentioned altering the skin preferences, but wouldn't it be the layout customization instead? When I access the media query properties, I only have options to adjust the max phone and tablet width. See the screen capture below.

4-25-2019 1-15-49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skin and layout were used interchangeably in 2017.

Change that table size to a higher figure than will be on any desktop and you will always see the tablet view. That does mean that users have to click the hamburger and then choose TOC, Favourites, Index and Glossary but if that's what they want...

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To correct that, also Search but not TOC.

Once they dig down into the books in the home screen, they will have to keep clicking Back until they return to the home screen. Change the setting to 5000 and you will see what I mean.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I see what you mean. But changing the tablet size parameters did make the icon always visible. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp