• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merged Projects in RH2019

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to generate a project with child projects, but I noticed that the folder "MergedProjects"  is created only within the project path and not in the output path of it ... why? do I have to copy it manually (in the output path) every time after adding the child projects in this one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you generate the parent, you can generate it where you choose. Wherever that is, it will create mergedProjects within. You then generate the child projects to their folder within mergedProjects wherever you have set that to be.

In 2019 the output cannot be within the project so I am not clear quite what you have set up.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When you generate the parent, you can generate it where you choose..."

you mean the parent project output right?

...In fact it should be so, but when I choose the path to generate the parent "output", the MergedProject folder is not created inside it, but rather within the "main" parent project...why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about 2019 Classic or 2019 (new UI)?

What path are you setting for the output?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 2019 new UI ...

the path set for the output is the default path...

C:/Users/username/Documents/My RoboHelp Projects/outputs/projectname/WebHelp_Pro/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try something outside your profile such as C:\MyMergeOutput.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to generate the project in a new folder C:\RHproject , but the result is always the same ... the merged project folder is not created inside the output...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not doubting you but I have never seen this happen in about twenty years of using RoboHelp or supporting the forums. What I am getting at is something fundamental is wrong here.

Please add a screenshot of the TOC of your parent project.

Have you successfully generated merged help previously?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem now ... I uninstalled RH 2019 and then reinstalled it by downloading the updates and now it works ...

it was however the first time that I generated an output with RH2019, I usually used RH 2015 and had never given me this kind of problem ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I take this opportunity to ask you a question about another difference I noticed with RH classic ...

there is a way to display the "Table of contents", "Contents" and the "Topic List" simultaneously?

in the previous versions these were "modular", but in this version it seems to me they are no longer...

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short, no.

You can display the Contents on the left and have a TOC open in the Authoring area but not the Topic List at the same time.

Take a look at the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project or the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok thanks a lot of info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp