• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging RoboHelp Responsive HMTL5 Projects (RH15)

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm trying to use RoboHelp 15 to merge multiple different projects, but also utilize the "Dynamic Content Filter" for the parent project so that a user can filter the entire parent project (including child projects) when generated. However, whenever I try to generate using the standard method for DUCC, I get a blank table of contents and it seems like the parent project isn't recognizing the child projects.

I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing in how to apply filtering to merged projects and then generating them?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Seems we have some confusion. Filters are completely separate from DUCC.

DUCC is unique to the WebHelp output. Basically you create multiple navigation (TOC, Index, Etc.) Then you create Content Categories in the SSL output recipe and in the end, multiple copies of the WebHelp output are created with a drop-down that allows the end user to choose the category to be viewed.

Filters are unique to the world of Responsive HTML 5 output. With Filters, you create Conditional Build Tags that are used for the explicit option of filtering. Then the end user is able to click the filter icon to better control what is presented to them.

I know this is posted in the RoboHelp HTML 5 layouts section, but is that the layout type you are actually creating?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Thanks so much for responding and for the question! So, yes, I am trying to generate a responsive HTML 5 output (because I want to be able to have users filter the topics they see); is there a way to merge projects w/in an HTML 5 output is (I guess) the primary question I need to be asking here.

So, yes, I am trying to generate a responsive HTML 5 output (because I want to be able to have users filter the topics they see); "is there a way to merge HTML 5 projects with filtering included" is (I guess) the primary question I need to be asking here.

Sorry for the confusion!

Thank you!

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hokay, admittedly I'm a fuzz out of my depth of real first hand experience with the Filtering as it relates to a Merged setup. I've honestly not experimented with it. I'm assuming that since Responsive is able to be merged, it *SHOULD* work, but I might imagine that it will likely require the following considerations.

It seems only logical to me that in order for this to be successful, you would need to have the exact same Conditional Build Tags defined and applied for all projects that are part of the merge. I'd even be careful with case. So don't have MyTag in one project and Mytag in another project and myTag in yet another. It could well be that the process will not recognize these as the same tag.

Then it only seems logical that to extend this, each of the projects involved may likely need the exact same settings in the SSL layout where you configure the filters.

As far as the blank TOC, are you certain that you are correctly pointing to the desired TOC in your SSL settings?

Sprite_20oz_v2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp