Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mini TOC Robohelp 2019

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've converted my RH17 project to RH19.

The mini TOC doesn't seem to work in 19. Is this something that Adobe is still working on?

1. There doesn't seem to be an option to collapse, selecting "Show TOC in expanded form" doesn't do anything
  2. Why are the entries truncated?

Is there another way I can manage the mini-toc?

I've included screenshots.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well now after applying update 2 it is worse. It is set to not display and there is no option to control this in the gui.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to delete the mini-toc and use the gui to insert a new one.

Still have the issue of the truncated lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tested this and it appears that for some reason beyond me there is a limit of 22 characters.

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to that bug/feature in this thread and others can vote for it.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This should be fixed in Update 3 planned for November end.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the version 2019.0.4 and the links are still truncated in the minitoc. It seems to have a 15 character limit of the links it creates.

Do you know if a future update is going to fix this or make the character limitations longer?

This is really a problem for me because some of the headings that I have in my recent project needs to have specific long headings and the minitoc cannot be used to link to them correctly. I do not want to create a link list of my own that needs to be maintained.

I'm aware that I could use the related topics placeholder and bookmark the headings, but that would take some time and would not be as handy as the minitoc. It would also need to be maintained as the project is updating frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting the minitoc and recreating it? I don't know whether the fix is retrospective.

Let us know.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be retrospective, as the minitoc/topic toc is only a placeholder and is generated at build time; having to replace every mini-toc in a project classifies as Not Fun(tm). Unless they fixed some behind-the-scenes file that isn't copied across into existing projects properly? I'll just mention my bug item that should have had 6 different things fixed against MikkoKi's new one so they can double-check their source is being deployed properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it should be retrospective but anything is worth a try.

Also try in a new project. With Update 4 applied, I just applied a forty character heading and it was fine.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated RoboHelp 2019.0.7 last night and now ALL of my miniTOC are gone!!!

Everyone of them look like the screen capture below!!! HeadingNaN - ????

Please help - I have many miniTOC's in my project.

2019-05-23 13_55_56-Unified2 - Adobe RoboHelp 2019.jpg

Rory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I am unable to delete and recreate and I went into past updates and I am getting the same thing. I had no problems with the past release!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a new project and same problem. Am I doing something wrong Peter? How did you get it to work? It is supposed to pickup headings (in my case heading2 - correct??)

2019-05-23 14_20_03-Test - Adobe RoboHelp 2019.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In source view it should look like this.

minitoc_source.png

In preview and output, the links shown should be replaced by the heading string.

I have just tested and get the same result as you in source. In Preview and Output, the mini toc is missing. Are you seeing the same?

I have reported this to Adobe and will post again in the light of their response.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, yes, I get the same, in Preview and Output, the mini toc is missing. I do not want to have to replace all of my miniTOC's in my whole project, but I cannot wait too long for a fix. I may have to start putting old style menus with links to subtopics.

Rory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give me a chance!

Go to http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh2019/rh2019.htm ​for a link to a download on Adobe's site. It is a new build of Update 7 that includes a fix for this issue and another with dropdowns and expanding text.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter, I got support to uninstall and reinstall 2019.0.7. Then install the hot fix for miniTOCs and it works! I apologize for freaking out as I had lost a lot of work, because my project is filled with miniTOCs. You have been a great help in troubleshooting problems. Thank you.

Rory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp