• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing file from ToC: RH2020

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a curious situation where a topic is suddenly not appearing in the compiled ToC. The topic is listed in the browser's navigation pane, but when I click on it, a message tells me the file is missing and may have been moved, edited or deleted. From within RH, the topic's file appears in the Contents list and the Table of Contents list, and it can be opened from both lists. Further, when I look in Explorer, the file is there, in the same folder as the other topics that appear with it in the compiled ToC. (These sibling topics display fine in the browser.) What could have caused one file that is certainly not mising in an RH project to be considered missing by a browser?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Thnaks Peter. No the file name was fine. But I eventually tracked down the problem by creating a new file and copying in section by section from the original file and testing a generation at each stage. All was going well until I copied over some dropdown text. I didn't suspect there was any problem with the code, since there were no warning flags and the file was rendering perfectly in Preview mode. But checking the code more carefully I spotted a <span style= "*"> with two attributes that were

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you can see the file in Explorer, do you mean in the source files and in the output?

Anything unusual about the file name? Is it strictly alphanumerical?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thnaks Peter. No the file name was fine. But I eventually tracked down the problem by creating a new file and copying in section by section from the original file and testing a generation at each stage. All was going well until I copied over some dropdown text. I didn't suspect there was any problem with the code, since there were no warning flags and the file was rendering perfectly in Preview mode. But checking the code more carefully I spotted a <span style= "*"> with two attributes that weren't separated by a semicolon.(I remember now combining two separate span tags that RH had automatically generated when creating a dropdown. It seemed bloated programming to have consecutive <span style= "*"> each with its own attribute. But I left out the semicolon.)

Still, if that ommision is severe enough to prevent the topic appearing in the generated help system, I would have thought that a warning flag would have appeared in Source view in RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp