• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multilevel Lists in RH11

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large document that I'd like to format using multilevel lists. There are several areas where numbered list items have more than one paragraph. For each list item, the subsequent paragraphs need to be properly aligned with the first paragraph. Other than manually specifying the indent for the subsequent paragraphs, is there any way to use the Multilevel List feature in the css? I thought I could create an alternate Multilevel List that had the same levels but no list style, but RoboHelp doesn't seem to allow a blank in the 'Edit Style' field.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Hi there

I'm not sure how you like to operate, but for that, I like to end the list item by pressing Shift+Enter to give me a new (and un-numbered or bulleted) line. Then type what I want. When I'm ready for the next numbered or bulleted item to appear, then I press Enter.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post was made in the HTML5 forum which is for Multiscreen and Responsive Layouts. Multilevel lists are a very different thing.

What you want to do is covered in Lists on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops! Sorry about posting in the wrong place. My project is using a Responsive Layout, so I posted here.

Prior to posting the question, I scoured the web trying to find a solution. I had come across the explanation of Lists on your site, but I can't see where it addresses the question I'm raising. Let's say I have numbered list item at Level 2. That item will be indented a certain amount. The paragraph immediately following that item is a continuation of list item 2 and, therefore, should be indented the same amount but should not be numbered. Short of manually specifying an indent (which kind of undermines the efficiency of the multilevel list feature), I can't figure out how to do it. In effect, I need a  second multilevel list structure that has the same indents but no number, letter or bullet prefixes. Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm not sure how you like to operate, but for that, I like to end the list item by pressing Shift+Enter to give me a new (and un-numbered or bulleted) line. Then type what I want. When I'm ready for the next numbered or bulleted item to appear, then I press Enter.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I should have posted this in the 'Word Processing for Dummies' forum! Thanks, Rick.....I was trying to find a complicated way to do something simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whilst that is a simple solution, there is an advantage to setting this up as a Multilevel List that works the way you want. If you later decide to change the level of a paragraph, as you indent or outdent it, the numbering or lack of will automatically change. It mostly depends on how likely that is to happen and how many levels of indent you want.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp