Highlighted

Multiple browse sequences?

New Here ,
May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to have multiple browse sequences in responsive HTML5 layout, like multiple TOCs?

Topics

HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Multiple browse sequences?

New Here ,
May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to have multiple browse sequences in responsive HTML5 layout, like multiple TOCs?

Topics

HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I personally have not tried it, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

The key to remember is that with these layouts, a topic may only appear in a single browse sequence. You cannot have two or more sequences that would include the same topic.

But you could get a bit creative and use Inline Frames or Snippets to overcome that limitation.

Cheers... Rick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Amebr LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware that there is no way for the user to see that there are multiple browse sequences or the topics included in the browse sequence. You either get Previous/Next buttons or you don't. If, for example, you skip some topics in the ToC, your users may get confused why the arrows are not stepping through the ToC logically. Or they may be confused why some topics have the arrow icons and some don't.

And to expand on Rick's comment - Robohelp doesn't stop you putting the same topic in multiple browse sequences, however, you'll get unpredictable results if you do it and want to use multiple sequences in the one output. If you have multiple outputs and want a different browse sequence in each output, this should not be a problem - you select the browse sequence to include in each output in the applicable single source layout.

Oh, and if you want to know how to create multiple sequences, in the Browse Sequence Editor, click the New button. I don't think you can use the 'Auto-generate from Toc' option if you have multiple tocs; they would have to be manually created, I believe.

**Edited to clarify some things.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines