Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiscreen missing Play controls for Captivate videos

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML 11, Captivate 7

I imported several Captivate videos (published as HTML5) into my project.  When I play the videos, two things happen:

1. I get the error "Adobe Captivate: This browser does not support some of the content in the file you are trying to view. Use one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer 9 or later..."   I am in fact using Internet Explorer 11.

2. The videos have no Play, Back, and Rewind buttons.

The original videos don't give me these problems, only the imported ones after they are published in RH.

In my original post, Captiv8r suggested I copy all the video files into Baggage. I'm not really familiar with Baggage; would I have to link or insert these files separately to the topics? Or would they be used automatically?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there

The message from the Captivate content about the browser version is a "Captivate thing". I'm not sure if there is a workaround to prevent it. I've seen reports in the forums about Captivate's HTML 5 output not being compatible with the firefox browser though.

As for Baggage, what you do is right-click content to add it as Baggage. Exactly where you right-click depends on your RoboHelp Project Manager view. If the PM view is set to Classic, you should see folders with names such as "Images, Multimedia, Style Sheets and Baggage Files". If that's your view, you will need to right-click on the Baggage Files folder where you want to add the content. But if you are using the "global" view where all your content is mashed together, you will just right-click in the Project Manager Project Files area.

This won't be a simple process. You will first need to carefully create the nested folder structure Captivate created. RoboHelp will fail miserably at creating that structure from a simple import. I'm hoping this will improve dramatically in the next version. But who knows.

So you carefully create the folders you need, then carefully populate each folder with the files inside. All this has to be done from the RoboHelp UI, so that the project is aware of the content.

Assuming you added things to Baggage Files properly, the Captivate content should basically just "work" (with the possible exception of seeing that odd message).

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and getting the Baggage File linked to topics, it depends on how you want to view the content.

If you want to view the Captivate on the same HTML page as other content, for example:

Step 1. Unhinge Door

Step 2. Move door to side

(Captivate video showing the process appears here)

Step 3. Remove door handle

Step 4. Remove striker.

You will need to create an Inline Frame where you want to present the content.

If you just want to link to the Captivate, just select some text and drag the Captivate HTML page from Baggage and drop it on the selected text.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. Now:

1. Will I have to create this complex and detailed folder structure for each video?

2. Is this the only way to address the missing Play buttons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

shawnvw wrote:

Thanks, Rick. Now:

1. Will I have to create this complex and detailed folder structure for each video?

Unfortunately, yes. As long as you are using HTML 5 or Responsive output. It's because the swarm of files will be different for each video.

shawnvw wrote:

2. Is this the only way to address the missing Play buttons?

Again, my guess is yes. In that HTML 5 or Responsive output from Captivate, the folder ecosystem needs to be maintained. If not, you aren't going to get what you expect. Nor should you, really. Think of it like this. If you choose to not include a steering wheel, you aren't going to be able to easily steer the vehicle.

Wish I had a nice "magick wand" solution to offer here. But I don't. All I can do is offer what I have experimented with and know to be true.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp