• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My embedded .flv video is fuzzy in WebHelp

Participant ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I embedded a video (.flv) into a webhelp project and while it plays online, the video is not as sharp as the original. It doesn't matter if I play the webhelp online or local.  I don't see any controls to set video quality.  If I play the video in VLC, I can make it full screen and the video is razor sharp.

Ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Stretching is not so much about the aspect ratio but more about making the video appear larger than the original size. In that case the system will try to fill the gaps, creating a fuzzy video.

Prior to RH2015, embedding a video works best if you set the HTML yourself. That way you'll have the least surprises. I don't have any FLV's so I'm afraid I can't test it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you embed the flv? I expect that the video is streched in RoboHelp to the dimensions set. That would explain the fuzzyness.

For a Flash movie, you also need to set the controls in Flash. I don't believe FLV supports this out of the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I dropped it in and it has a flag set to keep aspect ratio.  No matter how big or small, the aspect ratio never changes. 

I noticed that in Robo 2015 that there are controls on video quality, I am starting to suspect that it is a known issue.  I attempted dropping it in at various sizes including the actual output size created.  It is not super horrible, the text is a bit fuzzy, esp compared to any video player on the PC. 

Try dropping a video into a project using the Insert/Multimedia function.  Then play it back in preview and then look at it in another player other than Robo.  See what you think.

dv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stretching is not so much about the aspect ratio but more about making the video appear larger than the original size. In that case the system will try to fill the gaps, creating a fuzzy video.

Prior to RH2015, embedding a video works best if you set the HTML yourself. That way you'll have the least surprises. I don't have any FLV's so I'm afraid I can't test it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My onscreen size was smaller than actual size.  I did try to size the video at the correct size using the SIZE button when inserting the multimedia.  This did not work.  I had to highlight the video, go to HTML, alter the actual size of the video, and then it worked.  Thanks for the help!

dv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp