• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My own Images and Logos

Engaged ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I have a question, as per the attached, when i output to "Frameless" its a beautiful thing, I've learned how to edit the skin but I would like to change the generic icons to photos or my own icon. How can this be done, trust me, I have been googling..

SNAG-0006.jpg

[image added by moderator - please use image icon in web interface instead of attachments]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joe Bodego It really is important that you always start a thread with your version. Different versions, different answers.

Most things are in the skin editor and there is information about that in my RoboHelp Tour.

Otherwise there are many buttons and images so you need to tell us which ones you are having problems with and in which skin. You have attached an image rather than include it in the post using the photo icon. Some supporters will not open attachments for security reasons and if you do download, you are then not seeing the image inline with the text. Then thanks to a quirk of this forum you have to close the thread and reopen it before you can reply. Crazy but that's the way it is.

I have looked and see it is the home page icons but which skin and which version?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I am using 2019, and the Oceanic theme, I would like to replace the buttons with the photos of the actual philosophers and not those ugly icons that are part of the theme. Or use an Icon of my choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using 2019 it's also important to state Classic or UI. In this case it has to be the new UI as Oceanic is a frameless output and they only come with the new UI.

What you have to do is open the skin in the skin editor by double clicking it. Also then click the Skin option on the left to hide that panel and give you more room.

image.png

Then you look at the labels to see if they give a clue. If stuck you just keep clicking and note the area that is bordered red.

In this case it is in the TOC Tiles options. You will need to play around a bit with sizing.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats seems to be the issue, I don't have the "image box" but you should be able to set it so it uses the photo of the topic. So disappointed in this.

SNAG-0013.jpg

[image added by moderator - please use image icon in web interface instead of attachments]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i figured it out, i added an image and moved it into position

SNAG-0015.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, I just want to share with you how I made this work, I use photoshop to create my thumbnails then added each image (see Screenshot). This is an archaic way to do it, it should seek the image from the topic like it's done in WordPress. Anyway, I have crossed a significant hurdle here with just one to go. As I

told you, there are very few tutorials on 2019, I had to watch the 2015 tutorial on Lynda and figured it out. Thanks for all your help. I have another issue but I want to share this in case anyone else is having this issue.

SNAG-0018.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check and report back with your point version of RH2019. You may also want to try the RH2020 version as that's the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would do that Jeff, thanks.. working from home is a B%$#h

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't seem to be clicking where I pointed you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you said, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See screen shot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Some supporters will not open attachments for security reasons and if you do download, you are then not seeing the image inline with the text. Then thanks to a quirk of this forum you have to close the thread and reopen it before you can reply. Crazy but that's the way it is.

In the image posted earlier there was no focus on the specific items, just the group name. Therefore I couldn't be sure you had clicked on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp