• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Navigation Bar Buttons Missing in CHM File After WebHelp to CHM Conversion in RoboHelp 10

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am putting custom skins on my .chm files by generating a WebHelp file and then using the WebHelp to CHM Converter in RoboHelp 10. The problem I'm running into is that when I open the .chm file, the Navigation Bar buttons are missing. I've seen some articles online that suggest that this is expected behavior and that the conversion back to .chm removes those Navigation Bar buttons. I've also read about Browse Sequences in regards to this issue, but don't know if I should delve into that topic if the conversion is going to remove the navigation bar buttons anyways. Does the WebHelp to CHM Converter in RoboHelp 10 remove those buttons? Also, is there a way within this process to add those buttons in at some point to ensure their inclusion in the final .chm file?

Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

Pat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you share a screen capture? Are you talking about the buttons that are part of the CHM viewer itself or the buttons that are part of the WebHelp?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I'm talking about the Navigation Buttons along the top that are part of the WebHelp file but disappear when it's converted back to CHM. You responded to someone in 2013 about the same issue but weren't 100% sure that the WebHelp to CHM Converter was the issue or that the converted WebHelp file would even keep those buttons (Previous, Next, TOC Sync, etc.). Here's a screenshot:

Help Page - Missing Nav Buttons.GIF

Thanks,

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, you are talking about the Browse Sequence buttons.

You DO have a Browse Sequence defined and enabled, no? That's the first thing to check.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, no I don't.

Probably because those buttons are already a part of the CHM Viewer when creating a CHM, so there was no need. When using the WebHelp to CHM Converter, there is no CHM properties window before the conversion that would allow for the setup of the CHM. What I'm finding is that I can't "skin" a CHM file using the WebHelp to CHM Converter without losing the CHM Viewer buttons.

Bummer, I was hoping to give them a new look from the old style. I guess I'll look into the Browse Sequence to see if it's worth implementing or just figure out a different way to keep the functionality of the CHM Viewer while adding a new look.

Thanks.

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, if you download my Skinny on Skins file, I believe I've documented a way to coax the Browse Sequence buttons to behave like the CHM back and forward buttons.

Click here to download the file

So you would then Generate the WebHelp, tweak the code for the buttons and then use the WebHelp to CHM converter and you should have what you want.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp