• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need hosting service for RoboHelp SERVER (9) and our RoboHelp (11) files

New Here ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeking hosting service for RoboHelp SERVER (9) and our RoboHelp (11) files.

Sadly, I'm working for a second large institution where the IT department and its web app admins refuse to install "RoboHelp Server" because of their concerns about Tomcat perhaps opening some vulnerability on their IIS servers (or destabilizing them); and, they didn't want to run a Linux/Apache server in their all-Windows web operation. Sigh.

Know of any place that does hosting of files of this sort? Adobe told me they did not.

If you do, got some PRICE QUOTE$ ???

Please post a reply here.

Thanks,

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom

I have edited out your email address for two reasons.

First, posting an email address on any forum, not just these forums, is a good way to get emails from people sitting on a pile of cash who need your help to liberate it or who can change your body beyond belief!

Second, if someone does have an answer, it is best here on the forum where others can benefit. If they have some reason for not posting publicly, they can always Private Message you.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also in the same situation. Our IT is refusing to allow Apache Tomcat because it is basically "freeware" and we are solely Windows-based. I am happy to see that we are not the only ones looking for an alternative to hosting using Apache. Did you ever get any additional suggestions or information on this Tom? I did talk to Adobe consultants on the phone today who said they would be looking for an alternative solution, but who knows how quick that would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved to RoboServer forum category.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RoboHelp Server 10 also supports Microsoft IIS. Please check RoboHelp Server 10 is now available! – TechComm Central by Adobe for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp