Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to send RH 11 project to translation house

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all.

I need to send a RH 11 project to our translation house. I don't see any function that is the equivalent of the FrameMaker "package" function that is so great.

How can I send them only the files that are actually needed for the help project? I am assuming that there are many graphics files, for example, that are not in use. I want to zip and send only the necessary files.

Thanks.

--Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have your translation people asked for? I would just zip the whole thing up (excluding the \!SSL!\ folder contents)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Jeff but long term that is an expensive way of going about it.

See Translating on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter.

I am reading your page Translating RoboHelp Projects

I'm studying your text and Jutta's closely. So far, I don't see any mention of a RH function that mimics the FM Package function. Am I looking right at it and not seeing it? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but there is no equivalent.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speaking as someone with zippo experience in localization, why expensive in the long run Peter? You have to give them something for the agency to translate, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's explained in more detail on my site but essentially the expensive bit

is if you send the project to an agency that works with RoboHelp, they put

it into a database. When you update, they can see what has changed and you

only pay to translate that.

Also it means they can translate the TOC etc.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I thought translation memory services were kind of the industry standard - you end up saving time trying to figure out what's changed in each round of revision and only pay for what's changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp