• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to RoboHelp, What Do I Need?

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks! Apologies if there might already be a discussion about this, but there are just so many topics to go through that I'll start my own thread for my company.

I'm new to RoboHelp and I was given the task to help out a team of colleagues that will use the software for their project. We have RoboHelp 11, and they have published their project to their Intranet site for public viewing a couple of years ago. Since the old RoboHelp support team are already defunct, they have not left any kind of documentation how they set this team up, and now I am starting from the ground up.

So my questions are:

1. What do I need other than RoboHelp HTML 11 to publish to their Intranet site again?
  2. We set up a VM server for RoboHelp to help house their project (aside from local files saved to their computer). Do we need RoboHelp Server 9 to help with this endeavor or another RoboHelp HTML 11 in this VM server?
  3. How do we publish to an Intranet site? Will just pointing to the RoboHelp VM server serve that purpose?
  4. What else am I missing?

Thank you for the time in looking into this matter for me. Any advice or recommendations are truly appreciated.

Leiza

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Hi Leiza,

1. You don't need anything else.
  2. RoboHelp server is for hosting output only. There is no need to use it. I'm, however, not clear on how your server and local files are set up and work together. Normally, you work on a local version of the project. You store backups on the server.
  3. In RoboHelp, open the Single Source Layouts pod. (View > Pods > Single Source Layouts). Find the output type you want to use (try WebHelp for starters) and double click it. Then click Save and Generate. This creates

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leiza,

1. You don't need anything else.
  2. RoboHelp server is for hosting output only. There is no need to use it. I'm, however, not clear on how your server and local files are set up and work together. Normally, you work on a local version of the project. You store backups on the server.
  3. In RoboHelp, open the Single Source Layouts pod. (View > Pods > Single Source Layouts). Find the output type you want to use (try WebHelp for starters) and double click it. Then click Save and Generate. This creates an output. You take this output and publish it on the Intranet site. If your VM server is also meant to host the help as a web server, you can link your intranet. But whether you should, depends on what you are trying to achieve.
  4. That's a hard question to answer. I don't see any gaping at this point, but as I don't know what you are doing and how it is set up, I'm not sure I can provide any meaningful answer.

Have you considered following a RH training course or get an introduction course book? That will go over all the basics and will answer most of your questions. There are several books and online courses available if you are interested. Some well known ones are the Rick's Gooberguides and IconLogic's course books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as an FYI, I also have a RoboHelp course up on UDEMY.

Adobe RoboHelp HTML Fundamentals - Udemy

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Rick! I will look into this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response! Your answers have helped me a lot. I will consider your recommendations as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp