Highlighted

NewRelic Topic Tracking instead of Google Analytics

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of Google Analytics script, I’m wanting to replace with the NewRelic JavaScript snippet (generated from their site). I’m having no luck in getting notification when RoboHelp sub pages are loaded, as it uses the initial index.htm page, then the URL of …/index.htm#t=subtopic.htm as it navigates the help file tree. The NewRelic JavaScript snippet executes when added to the index.htm but not when any subtopic page is loaded, as the snippet does not recognize a URL change since index.htm is the parent . Any ideas?

Using Google Tag Manager, hyperlink selection events within the RoboHelp files can be tracked, but has anyone performed this using NewRelic?  The goal is to have NewRelic as one source for tracking website events.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

NewRelic Topic Tracking instead of Google Analytics

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of Google Analytics script, I’m wanting to replace with the NewRelic JavaScript snippet (generated from their site). I’m having no luck in getting notification when RoboHelp sub pages are loaded, as it uses the initial index.htm page, then the URL of …/index.htm#t=subtopic.htm as it navigates the help file tree. The NewRelic JavaScript snippet executes when added to the index.htm but not when any subtopic page is loaded, as the snippet does not recognize a URL change since index.htm is the parent . Any ideas?

Using Google Tag Manager, hyperlink selection events within the RoboHelp files can be tracked, but has anyone performed this using NewRelic?  The goal is to have NewRelic as one source for tracking website events.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you would need to be using a later version of RoboHelp with a Frameless output. There each topic has a unique URL.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Dan5E5B LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I'll let our web support team know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0