Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No heading 1 in generated TOC

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

When I generate a Word document (Word 2013) from RoboHelp 11, headings 1 are missing from my TOC, and TOC only includes headings 2 and 3.

Could anyone help me solve this issue?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note the Maintain Heading Levels option in the layout. See if that fixes it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thank you for answering so fast! Unfortunately, this did not solve my issue. Maybe I did not state it very clear, so I'll attach the screenshots this time. The first image shows TOC I get after generating the document from RoboHelp (without heading 1), and the second image shows the TOC I'd like to have after generating the doc (with heading 1), but I need to update TOC manually for heading 1 to show up. (References > Table of Contents > Custom Table of Contents). So, in the second image - Sprint cycle is heading 1 that is missing from TOC.

1.png

2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you recreate this in a simple project that you can send me? See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You appear to have just sent me the root folder of the project. I need the whole project zipped up so that I have the whole folder structure.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to use RoboHelp 2015 and Word 2016 for this test but I don't think that will have affected the results.

With Maintain HTML Heading Levels unchecked I see this:

MaintainHTML_Off.png

With Maintain HTML Heading Levels checked I see this:

MaintainHTML_On.png

In both cases the book title is shown. I assume Sprint Cycle in your image is a book title.

You said you need to update the TOC manually for Heading 1 to appear but all your topics will have Heading 1 and that is showing. All that is not showing is the book title rather than the heading level. Please explain more about what you are having to do here. Alternatively, can you send the project where you are seeing the problem? I am assuming you are having the same problem with this demo as if not, the test is invalid.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're right, Sprint cycle is the book title in my project and it does not appear in the generated doc.

To sum up, the problem is that the book title Sprint cycle (on the image) or Sample project (in the project I sent you) does not show up in my TOC in the generated Word document. And it does not depend on whether the option Maintain HTML Heading Levels is selected or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Sprint Cycle show under Chapter Layout in the dialog below?

I think that offline you said it works for some authors and not others, have you compared their dialogs with yours? I can't think of a setting that would cause this but it's worth checking.

PrintDialog2.png

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it shows under Chapter layout.

This is what I get with Maintain HTML Heading Levels unchecked.

TOC unchecked1.png

And this is the generated doc.

TOC unchecked2.png

This is what I get with Maintain HTML Heading Levels checked.

TOC checked1.png

And this is the generated doc.

TOC checked12png.png

This is my collegue's project. She doesn't have the problem that I have.

Maintain HTML Heading Levels unchecked.

maintain1.png

Generated doc.

toc1.png

Maintain HTML Heading Levels checked.

maintain2.png

Generated doc.

toc2.png

I also tried this on my computer with Robohelp 2015, but I get the same result as with Robohelp 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm!

Are you using different copies or are you working on the same project from a network?

If you have different copies, have you tried copying your colleagues project to your machine?

Have you tried creating a new print layout? (Don't copy the existing one, start afresh.)

Is there any source control in use?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shared my copy with her. She's just reviewing my topics, we do not work in the same RH project.

I tried copying my colleague's files and creating a new layout - I still have this problem

There is source control in use, but the problem started when there was no source control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First try printing one of the outputs from one of the sample projects. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left. Is that OK?

Second, create a copy of the print layout and in the copy change the order of the topics. I seem to recall I once had a problem with a topic not printing in the order set but it did print by changing it?

Also, do you have another machine you can install RoboHelp on? If so install in Trial mode and try that.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case you get somehow stuck on opening a sample, I have a video for that.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp