• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No results found with search function

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RoboHelp 11, for some reason when I a run a text search in the final project, I get a "No results found" page every time.  The Topic.slp looks normal, as the search widget is still there and has not been changed at all.  I'm also not doing anything out of the ordinary to the responsive layout properties.  What could be causing this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Well, it turns out that the solution was right under my nose!  I feel ridiculous for creating this discussion now, but the issue was that I had "Exclude this topic from search" checked in the Topic Properties this whole time!    Apologies as this was a complete waste of everyone's time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please zip your output or any sample output which can reproduce this issue and share it. It will be the fastest way to resolve this issue.

You can contact me at sumahesh@adobe.com

Thanks,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Surbhi.  I just shared the project with you.  Please check your email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's firewall will almost certainly block a zipped project. Based on

where he is, he will not be able to tell you that until your tomorrow.

Rather than lose another day, I suggest you upload the zip to

http://www.wetransfer.com or similar and send him the link.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

From the zip you have shared, I see that you have generated the output in the same folder as project. This is a fatal error.

Output has to be generated in a separate folder at any location (either within project folder or outside). Basic thing is that only generated output files should be there and no extra files should be copied to the output.

From your project I have tried generating the help system in a separate folder and it is working fine.

Give it a try and let me know if it works at your end.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously you will need to clean up the project by removing the output files that are in with the source files.

However you do it, do create a zipped copy of your project. Creating a zipped file stops you accidentally opening that copy in RoboHelp. You can create a copy from the zip file as many times as you like and if you then make an unwanted change, you can go back and get another copy.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I normally never have the output folder in the same directory as my project.  Somehow, it ended up there on this occasion, sorry. 

I have re-shared the project and sent the Google Drive link to your email.  I see the same behavior, even with my output folder properly designated.

To test the search functionality, I recommend searching for the word, "router," which appears multiple times in the project.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have seen the zip you have sent again but this time also, output is at root with project source files.

What you need to do is :"Generate the output at some new folder at your disk where no other files have been kept".

Your output will work correctly for sure once you fix this problem.

Remember to keep the copy of your "project without output generated in it" so that you do not end up loosing your project data.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very strange.  To confirm, I just opened the ZIP file that I shared with you and can verify that my output folder is not as you describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there must be some issue as when i open the zip, i see this:

customerproject.JPG

template folder is an output folder which is present with the source files and also when i go inside !SSL! folder, it is empty.

To avoid the confusion, please zip the generated output only and share the link again.

We would like to solve this issue ASAP as it is a blocker for you.

Thanks and Regards,

Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like I had misunderstood you the whole time, sorry.  I was sharing the entire project rather than the output.  Please check your email for the shared output folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked the output folder and you are right, search is not working.

I have one question though:

Have you generated this output from the project in which output files were generated in past?

OR

You have generated the output from the original project (with source files only)?

Thanks,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The output was generated as a RoboHelp SSL.  I tried creating a new SSL and then generating output from RoboHelp again but the issue keeps occurring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have created the project with various topics, layout etc. and then generated the output from SSL.

My question is: Do you have copy of your project prior to generation of output i.e. Only project files?

Problem is that once you generate the output at same location as source files, output files have overwritten a lot of htm, js etc files and because of this there are issues in the output.(like search not working).

So I want to know that Do you have copy of your project prior to generation of output at same location?

Please let me know if i am not clear. You can email me your concern at sumahesh@adobe.com also for further discussion.

Best Regards,

Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it turns out that the solution was right under my nose!  I feel ridiculous for creating this discussion now, but the issue was that I had "Exclude this topic from search" checked in the Topic Properties this whole time!    Apologies as this was a complete waste of everyone's time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that were the only issue, I would say don't worry, we've all done it somewhere along the line.

But Surbhi is saying you have generated an output into the source and that does need to be fixed.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From what I could see, your output was generated at the source file's location which needs to be fixed.

But I am hoping that you had saved the copy of project and now you are doing it in right way.

All's Well That Ends Well!!

Feel free to contact in case you need any help anytime.

Regards,

Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp