• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No translation button in Authoring? (Robohelp 2019.0.14)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On both the Adobe help docs for Robohelp (here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/robohelp/user-guide.html/in/robohelp/using/translation.ug.html) and on an independent site (here: https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2020/authoring/translations.htm) it talks about clicking the Translations button in the author section on the left of the IDE. However I don't see this option in my project... So, do I need to configure something first to get that option? Has it been removed? The Author panel for my project looks like this currently:

NocturneGames_0-1599735341066.png

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Hello,

As far as I can see, both linked help files refer to Robohelp 2020. You are using Robohelp 2019. So, I guess you will have to go for the new version, if you want to use the translation option.

Best regards
Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As far as I can see, both linked help files refer to Robohelp 2020. You are using Robohelp 2019. So, I guess you will have to go for the new version, if you want to use the translation option.

Best regards
Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, that would indeed explain the issue... Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And in the Summer 2020 release version, you can find it at the bottom of the Author panel:

StefanGentz-Adobe_0-1599736502421.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for the replies. I'll speak to my manager about getting the 2020 update (as the 2019 updater tells me that everything is up to date... 😞  )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct, the Updater only gives you updates within one major version (in your case, updates for the 2019 release).

Do you have a RoboHelp 2019 subscription? In that case, you can simply download, install, and use the latest release here:

https://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp/download-trial/try.html

No need to buy an update.

If you had bought a perpetual license for RoboHelp (2019 release), you can simply subscribe to the latest release here:

https://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp/buying-guide.html#Individual

Cheers,
Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp