• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non-standard fonts in Frameless output

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently opened a project using RoboHelp 2020 (new UI) after changing my hard drive and found that the frameless output was using a default Times New Roman font, not the original fonts I had selected. I then remembered that I hadn't resinstalled the required fonts (they are non-standard ones used by my client in their web app). Once I had installed them on the PC, everything was fine but it made me stop and think, will the output display correctly in another user's browser if they don't have the fonts installed either? Looking through the forums I see that some formats require custom fonts to be embedded or added to baggage files, but I can't see a why of doing either of these in the Frameless output in RH 2020. Am I worrying unnecessarily or do I need to do something before compiling to avoid this problem, and if so, what is it please?

TOPICS
New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

This page on my site explains how to use @Font-face so that all users will see the desired font.

Using Font Awesome, Google Fonts, @font-face and SVGs in RoboHelp (grainge.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This page on my site explains how to use @Font-face so that all users will see the desired font.

Using Font Awesome, Google Fonts, @font-face and SVGs in RoboHelp (grainge.org)

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that Peter. That has worked very well for the topic text and headings etc. I'm now trying to apply the same idea to the skin, i.e., the heading banner, table of contents, button labels in the frameless output layout. I've found the layoutDiff CSS file in the Publish folder so I'm experimenting to see if the same logic can be applied here. (I selected the custom font in RoboHelp as the skin layout font but now I have uninstalled the fonts from my PC it doesn't display properly.) So far I've managed to change the main header font only but I'm still working on it. I notice that there is a layout CSS file in the output folder which I guess is generated whenever the project is published, so it doesn't make any sense to change that presumably?  If you have any tips on this as well I would appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a follow-up to my earlier post, I was able to change the skin font by modifying the layoutDiff CSS file in a similar way as for the content CSS. Basically I added the font family to every 'container' mentioned in the file and eventually that changed all the screen sections to be the custom font I wanted. Not a very elegant approach but apparently effective!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See if Item 15 in Snippets (grainge.org) works.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp