Not seeing complete search results or their ranking in RoboHelp 2020

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

We recently shifted to using RoboHelp 2020, and in fact, just today, I updated to the latest version as well. However, I am seeing a problematic issue with RH's search results that I'd really appreciate some help with. I am probably missing a setting or something, but I just can't figure it out. 

We are no longer seeing any rankings and some of our results are missing as well. Please see the image below. While our old output yielded 61 topics, the new one only does 10.

RHBlurredimage1.png

I tried this setting below but all it does is increase the results to only 20 per page. Enabling the substring search doesn't help either. I looked over the Project Settings, Preferences, but there doesn't seem to be anything that relates to this. 

RHBlurredimage2.png

RHBlurredimage3.png

I am still not able to see all my results, ranking,  nor any nav arrows at the bottom of the search results allowing me to move on to another page like we used to (image below). 

RHBlurredimage4.png

Finally, some of our topics aren't even showing up in the search results even though they are in the project and display in the old version. 

RHBlurredimage5.png

Any auggestions or ideas would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Not seeing complete search results or their ranking in RoboHelp 2020

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

We recently shifted to using RoboHelp 2020, and in fact, just today, I updated to the latest version as well. However, I am seeing a problematic issue with RH's search results that I'd really appreciate some help with. I am probably missing a setting or something, but I just can't figure it out. 

We are no longer seeing any rankings and some of our results are missing as well. Please see the image below. While our old output yielded 61 topics, the new one only does 10.

RHBlurredimage1.png

I tried this setting below but all it does is increase the results to only 20 per page. Enabling the substring search doesn't help either. I looked over the Project Settings, Preferences, but there doesn't seem to be anything that relates to this. 

RHBlurredimage2.png

RHBlurredimage3.png

I am still not able to see all my results, ranking,  nor any nav arrows at the bottom of the search results allowing me to move on to another page like we used to (image below). 

RHBlurredimage4.png

Finally, some of our topics aren't even showing up in the search results even though they are in the project and display in the old version. 

RHBlurredimage5.png

Any auggestions or ideas would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rankings are no longer given as far as I can see. Not sure but I think the reason is they are in ranking order.

You can set the page limit higher than 20 so try 100.

I set up a test and found 61 results were given. I then set the limit to 70 and whilst I haven't counted, I think they are all accessible by scrolling down.

I then set the limit to 10 and whilst it told me the correct number of results was 61, you could only access the first ten. As you say, no means of accessing another page. I will ask Adobe how you are supposed to get to the next page.

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text for the number of results "per page" should be regarded as the Search Results Limit for now.

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter! I went ahead and emailed Adobe support too in the hopes that they have a solution. If I hear anything further, I will definitely share. Thanks again! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

As for the topics not showing in search at all, you could try the following settings:

Disable "Auto correct search query"

Enable "Enable substring search"

My experience with German language settings is that auto correct search query does some strange things sometimes. Maybe thats the case with English language in some cases as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Karin, for your suggestion. Unfortunately, that didn't work for us. Recently, we came across another bigger issue - all our text pop-ups don't display so I have gotten in touch with Adobe with the hopes that they have a solution for us soon!  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 1