• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbers at the end of a topic header truncated

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have linked a great number of Word documents to Robohelp 11 HTML, all of which are formatted with headings and standard and other styles. Now I discovered that if there is a number at the end of a heading e.g. "2.2 Example 1", this number is truncated in the TOC of the output. It is just not visible. Is there any way to influence this behaviour? I already looked at the project settings and the conversion settings for Word documents but there are only options to drop the numbering of the headings (at the beginning of a heading), which does not meet my needs.

Funnily there is a kind of workaround if a dot is added at the end of the number but this is a bit of a "dirty" solution and looks as if the number displayed was incomplete. I hope there is a better i.e. more professional solution! Any feedback, advice and ideas are welcome!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported this just over a year ago. I wonder if in Word you format the full stop/period to be the same colour as your ultimate background, would that carry through and be an acceptable compromise.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mr Grainge, thanks for replying to my post.

I actually did that but as it was pointed out to me this only works as long as the reader has a (in this case) white background. And of course this may lead to other side effects or in the least may be forgotten/overlooked. But I am glad that this is a well-known problem and not a mistake on my part:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking that unless the reader has set up their browser to override your styles, very unlikely, you control the background.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it is still a somewhat "dirty" workaround. It is a lot of manual work especially for my colleague to add dots at the end of each heading on several levels. Robohelp in fact corrupts our documents for no reason. Since this is a bug, I want this to be fixed by Adobe. Can you forward this problem to Adobe Robohelp support? I am not sure about your exact role, Mr Grainge, are you actually working for Adobe? Or should I contact Adobe separately regarding this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The courtesy of "Mr Grainge" is appreciated but Peter is fine.

Workarounds are by nature dirty and I accept it is a lot of work. However, I don't have a better idea unless spelling the number is an option, again a dirty workaround but maybe not so dirty.

I want it fixed too, that's why I reported it. Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

I don't work for Adobe. See About Me and this Site

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp