• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Office 13 Update stops RoboHelp printing

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got updated to Office 13 and now I can no longer print in RoboHelp, either PDF or Word. I tried enabling the VBA macros to no effect. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a reason that the Before You Post sticky topic asks you to always state your version of RoboHelp. In this case the reason is that different versions of Rh work with different versions of Word. I am guessing you have upgraded to a version of Word that does not work with your version of Rh. Tell us your version of Rh and we'll be able to tell you.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, dear, I had problems getting into the forum and had to start over several times, Adobe kept making me log back in over and over again, so although I had the version of RoboHelp in my original message, I accidentally left it out after I typed the message over the fifth or sixth time. It is RoboHelp 11, and from my understanding of talking with my coworker, it should work. She has the same setup and although she was having problems with an earlier version of Word, now she is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Rh11 should work with Office 2013. It used to be the case that Rh had to be installed after Word and upgrading would break the connection. However that changed several versions back. I think someone else reported the same issue recently and I suggested an uninstall and reinstall of Rh to no avail. Nonetheless I would still try that first.

If it fails, post back and I will see if Adobe can shed any light on this.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I have requested. I hope it works! It was installed after Word, but maybe something else went wrong. Thanks. I'll get back to you if it doesn't help. Unfortunately, right now I need to get something generated immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved to Printed Documentation.

@Kay - Please let me know whether or not the reinstall has fixed the problem. It is similar to a problem someone else is having except they can generate Word docs, just not PDFs. Once I hear from you and the poster at https://forums.adobe.com/message/7694924?tstart=0#7694924 I will advise Adobe if there seems to be a pattern.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, doing a reinstall did not help. We tried reinstalling in different combinations on Friday. I found a solution on your page to copy some text into the registry but am waiting for another system admin guy who has access to look at it and attempt it. The guy I was working with on Friday does not have that access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Peter,

I finally got someone with the admin permissions to apply the zip file I found on your site to the registry. Success!

Thanks so much,

Kay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp