Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Office 2013 Support on Robohelp 10

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All ,

I have been using robohelp for a little while now great product....

We have recentley upgraded to Office 2013 and it seems that Robohelp 10 does not support output to Word when Office 2013 is used - ( Printed Document output  works "Most" of the time on Office 2010)

Other than rolling back to 2010 (my current solution )  has anyone else come across a way of making Robohelp 10 work with Word 2013 -

If Adobe are looking at this - are there any plans to release updates that will ensure compatiblity ?

Many Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought so, but they wouldn't go for that. All of Office-201x, not a piece of one and the rest of the other year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, a piece of one and ALL of the other. It works absolutely fine on three PCs I know of.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm piping up to say this suggestion from lilhepcat a couple of years ago worked perfectly for me, and I am so grateful.

"ANOTHER workaround I just found:  Right click on the SSL for Printed Documentation just the same as noted above...but select VIEW instead.  You're not generating it, but you can just save it to the appropriate directory and achieve essentially the same result."

It may not be a proper fix, but it was a straightforward way to get what I needed! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the workarounds mentioned here. Unfortunately, nothing worked. I am getting the following error message:

A supported version of Microsoft Word does not exist. Please install Microsoft Word 2000 or newer.

My RoboHelp Version is 9 and MS Office version is 2013.

Please let me know if there is any fix to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kanchepalle,

Robohelp Version 9 supports Microsoft Office-2010/2007/2003. Robohelp latest release supports Office2013 and has exciting new features as well. Incase you want to know more about Rh-2015 release please follow the link Adobe Robohelp (2015 Release)-Features

Thanks and Regards,

Mohd Sameer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me, too. Thanks, Help Dodger!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much hope of finding a solution after spending all morning searching online for one, but I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring as well.

My problems are very similar to LostInSpaces (64-bit Windows *7*, 64-bit Office 2013, 32-bit RoboHelp 10 with latest update 10.0.1.292) and I've tried all the usuals (double click, right click > Properties > Save & Generate with both .doc and .docx, right click > Properties > View, editing the macros in Word). None of them work for me.

I did notice that when I looked in the destination folder there was an .SSL document labeled Printed_Document, but when opened with Word I get an XML error (file contains custom XML elements no longer supported by Word. If you save the file the XML elements will be deleted permanently) and the document is blank (if I show paragraph marks there are a series of carriage returns but no type, bullet points, etc) - I don't know if this is useful for diagnostic purposes, but I'm just getting my feet wet with RoboHelp so I thought I'd mention it.

From everything I've been able to glean I've narrowed it down to an issue of 32-bit RoboHelp not playing nicely with 64-bit Windows and Office... however, if anyone else has any ideas that would be wonderful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's more that Word 64 bit doesn't play nicely with any 32 bit software. Whilst installing Office on a new machine nicely I was reminded when Microsoft displayed a warning advised installing the 32 bit version for compatibility with other apps.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post as this thread is pretty old and sorry if this was covered elsewhere. However, here goes.

I had a similar problem to most of you upon upgrading to Word 2013. However, the fix that is mentioned above did work for me and I was able to produce printed documentation by generating via the Properties menu.

I have recently been asked to update a very old deliverable created in Robohelp for Word. I cannot edit anything in this project and get the following message: "The version of Microsoft Word you have installed is not supported. Please install an earlier version of Word before running Robohelp for Word"

Is there a workaround for Robohelp for Word similar to what works for the Robohelp html printed doc issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to give the following Workaround a try: Re: Importing Word 2013 files into existing projects in RH10

Note that RH for Word is a Word plugin so fooling RoboHelp for Word as described in the message above may have unforseen consequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for pointing me to that workaround, I'll give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initially when  I had the problem I found that the properties workaround worked fine using 32 bit Word 2013. However, after changing laptops I found that the workaround no longer worked even though I had 32 bit Word (which apparently is a better bet). Eventually I caught onto the fact that on the previous laptop I had had Word 2010 and then replaced it with 2013 whereas on the new laptop there had never been an installation of Word 2010.

I installed Word 2010 onto the new laptop and found that the workaround worked (although it's actually Word 2013 that the printed docs were being generated in which was weird). Having both installed at the same time actually caused a few issues with our company security software so I had to uninstall Word 2010. However the workaround still works! Clearly some files were left behind after uninstalling and this was sufficient to fool Robohelp into playing along.

I realize it's a bit of a torturous process but hopefully this could be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to post that.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp