Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One hyperlink not linked converting to Word doc

Participant ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I forgot to mention in my title that I'm using RoboHelp 2015 and publishing WebHelp.

I have a project where my first topic provides a list of the tasks that can be completed from the main screen. I'm creating WebHelp and Word to convert to pdf. When I convert the RoboHelp project to Printed Document, there is one item on a bulleted list that does not convert to a hyperlinked item  in the Word doc. The remaining 15 items do convert. The WebHelp project works fine.

I have deleted the topic from the TOC and replaced it; I have made sure the links work and connect to the correct topics. I have tested the links in the RH project and they work fine. As I say, all the other 15 links work fine in RH and in Word.

Any suggestions on what I should look for?

Thanks,

MDawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Putting the version of RoboHelp and your output at the beginning of the post, rather than in the title, is fine. Indeed, preferred.

Is this a project that you can share? See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

If not, then is the list pointing to other topics that are all in the same project and is the topic the list points to in the printed output? The fact that it is in th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putting the version of RoboHelp and your output at the beginning of the post, rather than in the title, is fine. Indeed, preferred.

Is this a project that you can share? See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

If not, then is the list pointing to other topics that are all in the same project and is the topic the list points to in the printed output? The fact that it is in the webhelp does not automatically mean it is in the printed output.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter. Your suggestion was, of course, correct and helped me find the problem. A little more hidden than expected. The topic was listed in the TOC, but the window where you make sure the chapter layout from the TOC to the document, the topic was in the left panel, but not the right panel. I have no idea why that would happen, but I was able to get it to copy to the right panel. Then, of course, the generating of the printed doc in Word was correct and the hyperlink appeared.

Thanks,

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reason is covered in Printed Documents on my site. The TOC shows on the left so that you can pick and mix the topics you want on the right. When you update the TOC, the TOC on the left automatically updates but correctly does not assume you want it on the right. That is for you to decide.

Personally I maintain a separate TOC for print to avoid the issues that can be created by more than one book level and in the Print layout I just left click and right click the chevrons to update.

See Printed Output. The RoboHelp 11 page is good for RoboHelp 2015.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp