• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening a Book in TOC opens another Book

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created an HTML5 output using RH 2017 (13.0.2.334). When I click on a book in the TOC, the book opens but another book also opens and the focus jumps to the other book. Here is a recording of what is happening:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it behaving like that with the sample projects? Is it somehow "remembering" expanded sections of the ToC from earlier sessions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find a sample project to try? It's doing the same thing "Incognito" in Chrome...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC they get dumped in your My Documents > My RoboHelp Projects folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or this may help

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not happening with the sample project. I even imported our Screen Layout and Master Page and it works fine. Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can share the project with me, see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you sent me was the output rather than the project but that has enabled me to see the issue live and look at the HTML in the topics.

As you say what is happening is you click a topic in the TOC and the correct topic opens but the TOC scrolls down to somewhere else.

What I was looking for was some sort of link between the topics in the two books but nothing is apparent.

What I did see is from the topics I looked at is that you seem to be authoring in FrameMaker. Is that the case for all topics or did I just chance on a group of Fm topics? What I cannot tell from the output is whether you are linking or importing? Perhaps more important, is whether the TOC is being created in Fm?

If I am right that Fm is where you are working, then I don't think I can help as Fm is not something I use. Hopefully having identified that, perhaps Jeff might have some more ideas.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am not using Framemaker for authoring. I'm using RH 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code in the topics I looked at shows Fm as how they were created.

What's the connection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. We used to use Framemaker a looooong time ago and then we converted to RH. I suppose we probably imported some Framemaker documents to begin with. Perhaps that's the connection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would make sense.

Create a WebHelp output and see if that has the same problem.

Also use an HTML5 layout that you have not customised in any way.

Let me know how that goes.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, I've been swamped and haven't had any time to try a Webhelp output or new HTML 5 output. Stay tuned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp