• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Context Sensitive Help with TOC Open Using Frameless Skin

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 2020.3.32 and a frameless skin to output merged help with mapped topic Ids.

I can successfully reach each specific topic using the path/index?rhmapno={topic ID} method (as seen here: https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2020/outputs/calling_csh_help.htm ), however, the page opens with the TOC collapsed. I was wondering if there is a way for the page to open with the TOC expanded when calling context sensitive help topics, using a framless skin. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The TOC can only be collapsed in responsive layouts as what collapses is the frame. By definition frameless does not have frames to collapse. Please add a screenshot

Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Some supporters will not open attachments for security reasons and if you do download, you are then not seeing the image inline with the text. Then thanks to a quirk of this forum you have to close the thread and reopen it before you can reply. Crazy but that's the way it is.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

The table of contents can also be collapsed in the frameless layouts via the "show left panel"/"hide left panel" control. I think there might have been a missunderstanding in the terminology here.

In any case, when opening the topic via a mapped topic id, the page opens with the TOC panel in the hidden or collapsed state.  The TOC can still be displayed if I click on the "Show Left Panel" control. The desired behavior is for it to be shown/expanded by default.

I've downloaded the merged project from your site and recreated the issue and taken a screenshow of what is displayed when I access a topic with topic Id "123".  Notice that the TOC (left panel) is in the hidden/collapsed state. 

mymergecsh.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Traditionally for CSH, that [not expanded TOC, etc.] was the desired look. What do you get showing if you use the URL method to the topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

The TOC (left panel) is displayed when using the URL method. It is only hidden when reaching the page via the map id method. 

We have are accessing our help topics from another enterprise application by mapping the application location to each topic map id. Our customer would prefer to have the TOC (left panel) displayed when opening the page so that users can easily view the topic at hand in the context of all other topics in the TOC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like you need to either go the URL method or have a look under the hood & tinker with the JavaScript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think my post has been missed. Frameless cannot open without the TOC. What skin are you using? Can you add a screenshot as I requested?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With you now. I had wondered about that. Please add your call to that topic and I will look tomorrow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have set up a test and if you click the link below you will see the same issue.

www.grainge.org/demos/MapID/index.htm?rhmapno=2

I have taken this up with Adobe in the hope that the string can be amended. I will come back with their reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This cannot be fixed by amending the call. Please follow this link to report this as a bug and it will be fixed in an update https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to your bug report in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for following up, Peter.

I also noticed that once I arrive at the topic, if I resize the browser window down to mobile size and then back to desktop size, the TOC will automatically be displayed. 

I will be reporting this issue as a bug. 

Thank you everyone for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp