Highlighted

Output and graphics and TOC in HTML5, Webhelp and ePub not formatted or absent or not working

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new user of RH using RH2019. Considering the quantity of problems, my impression is that RH2019 is not even an alpha version of a software but an on-going devlopment project, certainly not a ready to use commercial product.

1. I imported a small FM .book (6 topics). I modified the new CSS created and linked it to the Contents. In the document workspace, the stylesheet is applied and the text displays correctly. Everything seams OK in the HTM and the CSS files which I inspected. But when I published to HTML5 and WebHelp, the styles are not applied, and all the paragraphes display as if they were all <p>. No errors in the log file.

2. Images do not appear neither.

3. A generated ePub when open with Calibre shows up correctly but in the table of contents, only the first level (heading 1) displays the corresponding page, clicking on the second level of TOC entries produces an error message, the link to the page does not work.
When the ePub is open with Adobe Digital Edition, nothing is displayed except the first welcome page, the following pages and the TOC do not display.

4. I updated RH to version 14.0.14. Same problems. But worse : it is no more possible to create a TOC. When clicking on the + sign, no screen to enter the name of the TOC, only the type (Online, book, ..) and then nothing.

This is some of the problems and irritants encountered after 2 days of trials.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Output and graphics and TOC in HTML5, Webhelp and ePub not formatted or absent or not working

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new user of RH using RH2019. Considering the quantity of problems, my impression is that RH2019 is not even an alpha version of a software but an on-going devlopment project, certainly not a ready to use commercial product.

1. I imported a small FM .book (6 topics). I modified the new CSS created and linked it to the Contents. In the document workspace, the stylesheet is applied and the text displays correctly. Everything seams OK in the HTM and the CSS files which I inspected. But when I published to HTML5 and WebHelp, the styles are not applied, and all the paragraphes display as if they were all <p>. No errors in the log file.

2. Images do not appear neither.

3. A generated ePub when open with Calibre shows up correctly but in the table of contents, only the first level (heading 1) displays the corresponding page, clicking on the second level of TOC entries produces an error message, the link to the page does not work.
When the ePub is open with Adobe Digital Edition, nothing is displayed except the first welcome page, the following pages and the TOC do not display.

4. I updated RH to version 14.0.14. Same problems. But worse : it is no more possible to create a TOC. When clicking on the + sign, no screen to enter the name of the TOC, only the type (Online, book, ..) and then nothing.

This is some of the problems and irritants encountered after 2 days of trials.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a new user of a product I would want to know what was causing problems before blaming the product. 🙂 If everyone using the product was seeing what you report, no one would be able to use it. This part of my site was created using RoboHelp 2019.

From some of the things you have said it looks like you are using the New UI rather than 2019 Classic but as covered below there is doubt it is 2019 rather than 2020.

What I can't tell is whether this is a new project that you have set up or one that has been created by someone else earlier in a Classic version and upgraded. Which is it please? The reason I suspect it was created earlier is that 2019 and 2020 do not have a webhelp output as such. Instead it uses a responsive skin and you would deselect Responsiveness in the skin editor to make it work like webhelp. You might see WebHelp in the presets but that would only be because that is the name you applied or the name applied in a Classic version prior to upgrade.

You also say that everything generates as if everything has a <p> tag applied. If the output was not picking up your CSS, it would almost certainly at least show heading styles as default html with headings in the font set for your browser. I will ask more questions to ascertain the reasons when I know what you are using.

You say when you click the + sign to create a new TOC you only see a choice of Online or Book. That is something that was introduced in RoboHelp 2020 and was never in 2019, hence my doubts about the version you are using. In 2020 this is what you should see. Please look in the Help menu to check the version. Please use the camera icon above the reply box to insert a screenshot of what you are seeing.

image.png

To help you further please clarify the points I have raised. It's late here but I will look in the morning.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 0
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would also be worth generating the RoboHelp Reimagined (in 2019) or the About RoboHelp (in 2020) sample project to see how that goes. That will tell us whether the issue is your project or an installation issue.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 0
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did generating the sample project help?

If not, I'm happy to help but can only do so with the information I requested.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0