• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output (RH2017) Doesn't display in IE11 (Chrome is OK)

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help systems behave just fine in Chrome.

In IE 11, nav pane and content pane just display spinners.

Followed the solution on this link:  https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/robohelp-output-issues-ie-11.html

even though the replacement js files were older than the ones I have. Didn't work.

Tried replacing my custom layout with the same layout from a co-worker's system that isn't experiencing the same issues. That didn't help either.

And even weirder, one of my systems that I publish from the same project using the same layout works just fine in IE.

And ideas on something to try?  I haven't actually uninstalled / reinstalled yet. Would rather not if I don't have to.

- Laurin in NC, on a Friday night, without the Scotch that really should be by my side right now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are using your co-workers layout in a different project. If they try your output on their machine, do they have the same issue?

Do you both have the same updates applied to RoboHelp?

Update 2 changed the layouts and after applying Update 2 you have to take fresh copies of the responsive layouts. Make sure you do that by clicking the Gallery button in your output dialog and do not use your browser to download them direct from Adobe's site. Despite several reminders that page is still showing it was last update Sept 2017, before the new layouts were created.

I realise that if your co-workers layout is working, logically it should work for you but nothing seems to be logical here so take a look at the above.

Are you sure it's not the whisky making things spin?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh I WISH it was the whiskey. Since I am the RH Whisperer for my team I am the only one who loaded up Service Pack 2 - or at least I hope so. So I sent my backup to a colleague who was able to publish and resolve the short term issue.

We use a custom layout that my supervisor built using Azure (I think - but it was one of the canned ones, anyway) and some tweaking.  I would assume he will have to address this issue with having to re-take the layout and then do his tweaking again.

But for now, reinstalling to the older v of 2017 - and trying to get SP 1 in there. Thanks for the clues, Peter. You save my bacon every time.

(busted link is http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/robohelp/win/13.x/AdobeRoboHelp_13_0_1_upd.zip )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp