• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output settings not shown in RoboHelp 2015

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I right-click on the WebHelp layout in the Output section, it doesn't show Settings or Properties option to set.

RH 2015 error.jpg

How to set Properties to generate WebHelp and Printed Documentation output.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For opening properties, you can click the output name e.g. WebHelp, Printed Documentation etc.

You can also open Outputs(SSL) pod by clicking on it in the output tab which you have shared in image.

It will open the outputs(SSL) pod with output list and on right-click> Properties option is there.

outputs ssl pod.png

Thanks and Regards,

Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Surbhi,

Thanks for your response.

When I right-click on the output name (for ex: WebHelp), it shows only pop-up as shown in my earlier post. When I click or double-click on the output name, it doesn't display any pop-up. It was fine up to two days back.

I am using RoboHelp 2015. The problem is the pop-up with Output Properties is not displayed. Do I need to change any set-up or how can I get the help who can resolve this issue?

Best regards,

Kannan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I can see a button in your screenshot called Outputs(SSL) hiding under the pop-up menu. Perhaps clicking that will bring up the pod in Surbhi's picture, which is where you should be able to access the menu you need. (Just guessing from screenshots, as I haven't upgraded yet.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Amebr is right.

Clicking on that Outputs(SSL) button which is visible on the right side in your image will open the pod i have shown in image.

Also, if you single click on output name in the output tab, then also properties dialog opens up.

Thanks and Regards,

Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I navigate Output (SSL) > clicked WebHelp (Primary layout > Properties. When I click Properties, it doesn't display any pop-up.

RH 2015 error-1.jpg

Just we have updated all the files for Technical Communication Suite 2015. Still the Output Properties is not working.

Any solution to resolve the issue?

Best regards,

Kannan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using dual monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, single monitor.

When click on Properties, the application should display the pop-up as shown below, which is not displayed now.

WepHelp Settings_Content.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution for the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Robohelp seems to lock up when you select Properties, maybe the dialog box has fallen off the screen. If so, try this to get it back:

1. Press Alt + Spacebar, then M.

2. Press the left arrow key.

3. Waggle the mouse until the dialog pops into view.

4. Click to drop it where you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.. I tried your steps.

Still, the Properties pop-up is not displayed for the Output.

Best regards,

Kannan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an odd one for sure!

It's also interesting that this dialog is impervious to the Windows key + Arrow technique but does respond to the Alt+Spacebar method.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kannan I realised you might have tried this without trying to open the dialog box first. The first step should be "right-click on the output, then select Properties'. The run my steps above.

@Rick I wonder if it's to do with whether the "dialog" is programmatically a "dialog box" or a "window"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the Properties, there is no action. No window is displayed nor any message is appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you click properties, does Robohelp lock up/freeze? Do you have to use task manager to close Robohelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I click Properties, there is no action. It remains the same. It is not freezing. I can work with other menus.

The Properties window is important to specify parameters to generate desired output, which is not working now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Does this occur with all the layouts or just the webhelp one you want to use?
  2. Does it happen with all projects or just this one?
  3. Have you tried one of the sample projects? Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.
  4. If you select New Output from the context menu, does that give you a Properties dialog?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Does this occur with all the layouts or just the webhelp one you want to use?

It occurs in all layouts.

• Does it happen with all projects or just this one?

It happens in all projects

• Have you tried one of the sample projects? Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

I have tried on Sample projects also. The Output Properties window is not opened.

• If you select New Output from the context menu, does that give you a Properties dialog?

No, Properties dialog not displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given everything that has been tried so far and that it is occuring in all projects, I would be uninstalling and reinstalling RoboHelp. Make sure you have Admin rights.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp