Highlighted

Page x of y in master pages

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is there a way to display the total number of pages in the footer of a generated Word document (page x of y)? I discovered the variable "page-number" that can be used in master pages, but is there something similar to "last-page-number"?

TOPICS
Documentation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Page x of y in master pages

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is there a way to display the total number of pages in the footer of a generated Word document (page x of y)? I discovered the variable "page-number" that can be used in master pages, but is there something similar to "last-page-number"?

TOPICS
Documentation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 13, 2016 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved to RoboHelp Printed Documentation forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends on the version of RoboHelp.

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2016 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 2015.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2016 0
Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I recall correctly, the Employee Care 3 sample project is set up that way. Try one of the Printed Documentation layouts in that project. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

Post back if my memory is incorrect. Unable to check myself right now.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm... Employee Care 3 just displays a single page number:

pn.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2016 0
Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am travelling but will look later.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2016 1
Jun 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but it would seem the only solution is to amend the footer once the document is generated in Word. Time for a Feature Request I think.

Please follow this link and report it as a bug. The more people who do, the more likely it is to get investigated. You can also use the link to request new features.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2016 1
luk4 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I will. Thank you very much, Peter!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2016 0