Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Has anyone see this error message when you click on a compiled FlashHelp topic?  :

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in ..." and then it gives a path and line number.

I already have the "Convert RoboHelp-edited topics to HTML" option checked in RoboHelp.

I had this issue a few years ago and I was able to fix it by copying the content of the topic and pasting it into a new topic, but this is now not working.

Would appreciate any help or suggestions, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps try copying the text from the topic, pasting into Windows Notepad, then copying from there and pasting into a new topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. My only issue with this method is it would mean recreating all the links, bookmarks, re-adding images and image maps, etc ....so essentially creating the topic again from scratch. This is going to be time consuming due to the amount of content on the page ... before I do that, I wonder if there are any other suggestions I might try?

Thx!

AV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be a pretty large page!

The only other thing I can think of here is to very carefully and methodically remove one element at a time, then re-generate and test until you isolate the offending element. And that is likely a slower process than re-creating the topic.

Your call though. I have no magickal solutions. Only ideas. Maybe someone else will pop in and advise that all you have to do is...

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it is a page that describes the different sections of an interface so it has a lot of detail.

I'll take your advice and go the Notepad route, it seems the better option.

Thanks for your help RIck. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp