• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Passing search parameters into HTML5 webhelp

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our product requires that our online help can be kicked off when the user enters a search term into the search box integrated into the product itself. This action should launch the help package, displaying the search results (the same as if the search string had been entered into the help package's search box). We were able to do this with webhelp but now want to move to HTML5 help. Can anyone suggest how we go about passing the inputted search parameters into HTML5, please?

Cheers

Neil Williamson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add the following two parameters to the URL when you call the help:

rhsearch=<string to search, must be URL encoded>

ux=search

For example:

example.com/robohelp/index.htm?rhsearch=Getting%20started&ux=search

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many, thanks Willam. I'll pass this on to the devs and report back as to the success.

Cheers

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to call csh id by parameters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by 'call by parameters'? You want to call a specific topic page?

You can CSH as well using the URL. Please see Context Sensitivity in Responsive and Multiscreen HTML5 | WvanWeelden.eu​ for an overview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, I need to have Robohelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're trying to create HTML5 help with RH, then , yes, you would need RH2015. If you don't have it, what product did you use to create it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our doc team use Framemaker 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, ok – you can create HTML5 help directly from FM2015, but the degree of control over the output is limited to what the FM interface exposes. See the FM forum for more info on publishing out of FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great stuff. When I test that call, it works, but RH defaults to my TOC view. If i select the Search icon, the string is in there, with results. So the question is, how do i get RH to default to the Search view when passing these parameters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm. I would expect the search bar to be shown if the UX=search is included.

You can always change the default pane to be shown. For Azure blue and Charcoal grey, there's a setting below the 'Basic settings' of the layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp