• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasted images from clipboard are saved as low-res gif, how to save them as jpeg?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've upgraded from RH9 to RH11. Now, when I paste images from clipboard they are saved as gif, resulting in low-resolution 8-bit images. Before they were saved as 24-bit jpeg. It doesn't matter where I paste the image from, they are always saved the same.

I've tried to search for a setting where this applies but with no luck. Now I have to manually save the images and insert, resulting in alot more work.

Does anybody know how to save the clipboard images as jpeg as they did before?

Thanks!

Best reg.

Fredrik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Pasting is a horrible way to get images into RoboHelp. As you are seeing, you totally sacrifice any ability to choose the image format and the name given to the image is selected by RoboHelp. So it's always been much better to just save the image first using the format you want and with a meaningful name, then add it to RoboHelp.

To my knowledge there isn't a way to "tell RoboHelp" what format to use when pasting images. That's simply some algorithm used in the RoboHelp innards with no way to control it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fredrik,

Did you find a solution?

I have the exact same issue, but using RH 10. Suddenly all images are pasted in .gif format, which makes them unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately the answer is in the thread you replied to.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2016 Mar 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import from Word, if the image in Word is not at 100% then Word converts PNGs to JPGs when converting the file to HTML. Are the images you are pasting at 100%?

I can't see a link to that process but maybe there is one.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not importing the images from Word, but I am using images at 100%.

I am using Alt+PrtScn and then pasting directly into RH like I have been doing for the last 15 years. Most images used to be pasted as jpgs but small images or images that were cropped, like buttons, were added as gifs. Now everything is pasted as a gif.

I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling RoboHelp.

Jackie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you are not importing. My point was maybe it was something about

what you were pasting, such as from a specific source.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my print-screen/pastes are saved as gifs, no matter where I copy them from.

The only thing that has changed on my computer is that I installed "Synergy" to link my 2 computers. It caused problems with the Microsoft programs, so I uninstalled it. I am not sure whether this is relevant, and I am still waiting to hear from their customer support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I was hoping there was something new in the last year...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, sorry

The same advice applies. Pasting is an idea from the bad idea factory.

BadIdeaFacgtory.png

The recommendation is to save the image in the format you want, then add it to your topic.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL

But still, however bad an idea it is to paste images, something has happened to my version of RH and I don't know how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the only folks likely to be able to provide a meaningful answer to this are the RoboHelp developers that actually code the product.

Obviously some sort of algorithm is used.

So unless one of the developers pops into this thread to advise either why it works as it does or to offer an as yet unknown workaround, your only sure bet is to save the image separately and add it to the topic after you save it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp