• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasted Word Images Overwrite File Names

Participant ,
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workflow for WebHelp 9.0.2 systems involves outputting Word docs to be used for review and revisions by the SMEs. Those docs are returned to me, I copy and paste and tweak changes, compile a new WebHelp system, and produce a new set of Word docs and the process continues anew. These projects include a lot of use-cases with a lot of screen captures.

To my horror, I just recently discovered that when I copy a large section of Word text which includes images and paste that into a RoboHelp topic, RoboHelp overwrites existing image file names instead of incrementing the file names. Many of the images are new and have not been used in the WebHelp project previously. If I explicitly select just one image in Word, copy and paste that, the image file name is usually properly incremented and does not overwrite an existing file name (there were some exceptions which I haven't had time to explore yet).

I’m working around that by removing all the images from the Word doc first, but this is not an ideal solution. Any suggestions? Is this a bug or am I nuts?...<G>

Is there a schema used by RoboHelp for naming placed image files? Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2012 Jan 17, 2012

I see the problem when I follow your steps of pasting one section of the Word document and then another.

There is a very simple solution, after pasting in the first time, save the topic and then paste in the next section. It works just fine.

Reading the thread earlier I thought what was happening was that existing images saved in topics were being trashed, however it is "only" images that have been pasted in since the topic was last saved.

Whilst there is a solution, this is still a bug that shoul

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sadly, nobody wants to buy the car with the dull finish!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp