• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF bookmark hierarchy is incorrect using RoboHelp 2019

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am generating a PDF from RoboHelp 2019. The TOC seems to correctly reflect my defined Table of Contents. However the PDF bookmark hierarchy is incorrect. It seems to be a straight listing of topics regardless of the TOC hierarchy or heading levels. This is especially problematic because the PDF defaults to opening the bookmark panel. Has anyone else seen this or have a fix for this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karin

I have created a Classic and a 2019 project as well as a Word document that explains things. I will try to attach the Word document but I am not sure I can in this forum. If it doesn't work, email me via my site and I will send you the document and the projects.

Hopefully it covers all the issues and if it does, I will then liaise with Surbhi.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, I could successfully download the .docx-file. To me, your summary describes all existing problems. Thank you for taking care of this.

Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates regarding the initial issue? I also have to problem, that the pdf bookmarks are in a "straight listing of topics regardless of the TOC hierarchy or heading levels".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I cannot answer that, as I am now using RH 2020, new UI. There, everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultp8935bm7h02p I am assuming you are on 2019. If you have Update 14 applied then you have all the fixes. I am pretty sure it was fixed.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on RoboHelp v2019.0.14 but sadly it's not working.

The TOC inside the PDF looks fine and has the correct indentation, but the "bookmark" functionality inside my pdf viewer shows all topics on the first hierarchy level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be worth having putting out a call to Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Peter Grainge Thank you! I will reach to Adobe about this. If they can solve the problem or give me an usable workaround I will reply here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp