• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF - JAVA Not Found after upgrading to Big Sur

Contributor ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone run into this issue?  After upgrading the big sur, i am getting the java not found error when trying to generate a PDF.

Doing a 

/usr/libexec/java_home 

command in the terminal shows that the mac can see java.  I have tried reinstalling java, removing and reinstalling etc - no change.  The PDF process was working fine prior to upgrading the OS. 

I am on RH 2020.3.36

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Hi David,

The issue is with Java home variable not being set globally. This is happening due to how BigSur now handles Java home variable. For now, if the steps suggested by Peter doesn't work, you can try launching Robohelp.exe from terminal and that should solve the PDF generation issue. Otherwise, since it's a weekend, I will get back to you with a proper fix in couple of days.

Regards,

Mayank Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First have you applied Update 3, that is essential on Mac machines.

If you have, see if this helps.

To set JAVA_HOME on BigSur

1. From the menu bar in Finder, select Go > Utilities to display a Finder window showing Mac system utilities.

2. Double-click on the Terminal application.

3. Create/edit the .profile file in the home folder using the command vim ~/.profile
  4. Add this line to the file
    launchctl setenv JAVA_HOME $(/usr/libexec/java_home)
  5. Reboot the machine.
  6. Launch RH.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the quick response.  Yes, i upgraded to update 3 prior to upgrading the OS and tested everything (rh ui, building web and print output etc) - it all worked as expected.

I did the steps you listed above and I am still encountering the same issue upon reboot.  

While i was doing this, a co-worker did a fresh install of RH (update 3 version) on a new environment with big sur.  After installing java, he encountered the same java not found issue when trying to generate a PDF from the sample project file provided.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I have sent you an email regarding this issue. We can connect to check the issue at your end.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

The issue is with Java home variable not being set globally. This is happening due to how BigSur now handles Java home variable. For now, if the steps suggested by Peter doesn't work, you can try launching Robohelp.exe from terminal and that should solve the PDF generation issue. Otherwise, since it's a weekend, I will get back to you with a proper fix in couple of days.

Regards,

Mayank Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mayank, opening RH via terminal worked perfectly!  Thank you for your time (and patience) on Friday.  This workaround will allow me to keep working until this can be addressed.  Thank you again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp