Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF page box model

Contributor ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(RH2019.0.9 New UI)

What's the pdf page box model in combination with the pdf master page?

If I position a logo absolute in the header and then adjust the margin of the header line below it, the logo shifts up...? Apparently the positioning isn't towards the page but towards the header top, which can shift up just by adjusting the margin of a <p> element in the header? I would expect the margin towards the page would be set in stone by the page margin in the output preset parameters.

It took quite a bit of trial and error to get the positioning of floating elements in the header and footer right. It's OK now, but honestly I don't know why 🙂

Is there any page somewhere that describes the pdf page box model? Most pages I could find just explain how the GUI works but I'd like to know which parameters have an influence on, or override, other parameters.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you referring to when you say PDF Box Model? I haven't seen Adobe refer to that in any documentation I have seen.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar to the HTML box model, where the distances of margin, border and padding is explained. I couldn't come up with a better word for it 🙂

Basically, a drawing of a page with a rectangle for the header, body and footer, showing where the page margins and header margins apply, and optionally HTML elements inside it. Especially floating elements that are positioned toward the top, right or left... of what? If the margins of HTML elements inside the header change the page margin I'd like to know, for example.

Or, if I increase the header margin, does that decrease the body size down or the header size up?

It took me quite some fiddling to figure this out and it wasn't always what I expected it to be.

I also would like to be able to position images relative to the page edge instead of the text margins. But as far as I could determine that wasn't really possible. Or I'm probably doing something wrong 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So essentially more information similar to your other thread. Let's deal with that first.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this thread for information.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp