• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permanent link to topic

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm missing something but I can't find any documention on how to create a permanent link to a help topic.

The links seem to be related to the folder location and file name of the topic.  What I would like to not have happen is have someone move a topic to another folder and then break a whole bunch of links across applications.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think absolute links exist - they're always relative to each other within the project. If you rename a topic within RH, it "fixes" any references to it. I'm fairly sure that it also "fixes" all topic references if you move a topic within RH too. If you did any of those things outside of RH, then busted links would show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I also should have added that this is really just for the html output.  So I'm really talking externally to Robohelp.

So we have (or will have in the near future) various links to help topics across several external web apps.  The links I was referring to in the original post would be the html url you would see in the address bar.

Ideally what I'd like to be able to do is set it up so that /helptopic links directly to a specific topic regardless of where that topic moves or gets renamed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like any website, you go moving stuff around on a webserver to some other location, you're going to get broken links - nothing RH can do about that - but you should certainly step up & strongly discourage any goof admin from doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now that I re-read your clarification - it sounds like you're wanting CSH (context sensitive help) - that depends on the type of output you're creating. See Peter's site (grainge.org) for a discussion about calling help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp