Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor Image Quality after importing Word File to RoboHelp 2015

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello There

Does anyone know why the quality of embedded images (mostly screenshots) is so poor as a result of converting of word file into RoboHelp ? What am I doing wrong.

Is there any way to improve them except to manually change the RoboHelp images to the original ones (PNG/BMP ffiles)

Please advice

Thanks

Bensi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the size of the image? I am referring to its size if opened on its own before it went into Word. 

The usual reason for poor quality is a high level of image size reduction. Also PNGs will resize better than BMPs.

Try that and let us know if that helps.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also find it's best to ensure every image in the word doc is reset to 100% size before importing. Otherwise, some of the manual resizing that word does is applied to the image before it is imported and you can get a fuzzy, bad quality image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

Thanks for advices, I did what you told me, but still poor results.

From some reason the images are always converted to JPG instead of PNG - Why is that ?

It seems that the resolution of the images were reduced to few K's and they look poor.

Any suggestions how to overcome this issue ?

How can I command the RH to convert the images to PNG instead of JPG ? Is there any option to do that ?

Thanks in Advance

Bensi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the Images topic on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/images/images.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp