• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preserving modifications for generated files in RH 11/TCS 2015

Participant ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FrameMaker 2015 to author content. I imported (linked) files in RoboHelp 11 successfully. I modified the CSS and apply it to all topics before generating WebHelp.

The problem is, whenever I update a file in RH (UPDDATE or UPDATE ALL), the "Preserve modifications for these files" checkboxes revert to all selected. I don't want to maintain any modifications. Is there a way to clear all check boxes on a global basis? It's really time consuming to clear them individually (I have 450 topics).

File modification settings in RH.png

Thanks in advance for your help-

Lauren

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

I ended up having to go back to using RH10 with my FM12 content.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the bigger question is why RH thinks you've edited the topics at all. It shouldn't be asking to preserve anything if you haven't made any changes to the resulting topics in RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts exactly. It wasn't behaving that way when I first started the project. Much later on, I made changes in three topics because the graphics were not being displayed in the generated output. Although I indicated that I wanted to change those topic modifications, ever since then, all topics are maintaining modifications, which means that the CSS I apply before generating output is not used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say something is buggy there - only the 3 topics edited should have the option to preserve changes. I suspect that your "apply to all" CSS issue is the bug that I ran into - have a look at the generated WebHelp - you'll see that there are 2 lines referencing CSS files - the first is your "apply to all" one indicated in the SSL recipe, the second is the one that is created automatically when the FM content comes over. I logged bug# 3970284 when RH11 first came out, but the last time I checked, it still hadn't been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. Did you figure out a work-around for this issue? It's really tedious to work with the project this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up having to go back to using RH10 with my FM12 content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff. I'll see if I can revert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp