Highlighted

Prev / Next Buttons for merged help in SharePoint using IE11?

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a merged help project with a responsive HTML5 layout and publishing to SharePoint. It's all mostly working but I have a couple of issues:

1. The previous / next buttons don't show up using IE11; they do show using Chrome. Does anyone know how to make this work with IE11?
  2. When clicking on the prev / next buttons (in Chrome, obviously), the content shifts but the highlight in the left hand navigation pane doesn't. Is there any way to have the highlight on the left side properly aligned with the content in the reading pane?

Thanks for any ideas!

Topics

HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Prev / Next Buttons for merged help in SharePoint using IE11?

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a merged help project with a responsive HTML5 layout and publishing to SharePoint. It's all mostly working but I have a couple of issues:

1. The previous / next buttons don't show up using IE11; they do show using Chrome. Does anyone know how to make this work with IE11?
  2. When clicking on the prev / next buttons (in Chrome, obviously), the content shifts but the highlight in the left hand navigation pane doesn't. Is there any way to have the highlight on the left side properly aligned with the content in the reading pane?

Thanks for any ideas!

Topics

HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the same issue occur when you load the content as just plain HTML on your local drive?

How are you publishing to SharePoint? The native output? And do you place it in an iFrame?

Please open the developer console in IE (F12). On the Emulation tab, which Document mode is selected? -- SharePoint by default pushes IE back to 7 or lower, breaking the HTML5 output. If this is the case, you can either upload the regular .htm files ór change the SharePoint configuration (not recommended).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same issue when I load the content as plain HTML on my local drive.

I'm publishing it to SharePoint using the RoboHelp Responsive HTML5 SSL wizard. I have not placed it in an iFrame.

On the Emulation tab of the developer console in IE11, the document mode is "Edge (Default)"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmmh. Which (patch) version of RH are you using? 11.0.4? Which layout are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m on 11.0.4.291, and I’m using the Theme1_Standard layout. I’ve customized the layout only by changing some of the colors and the logo.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it's getting weird. Do you see any errors on the console tab? Does it work on Firefox?

If you generate the help and view it locally, does it work then?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no errors in the console tab. The prev / next buttons DO work in Firefox, as well as Chrome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
expeegee LATEST
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, I just went back into the Console and it's now showing that it's in IE7 mode. Very odd, because it had previously been showing Edge mode. When I try to switch it to Edge, I get an error. So, it seems that your earlier suggestion about the emulation mode was correct. It's good to know the cause, but my options for fixing it are disappointing. I think I'll just leave it as is and let non-Chrome users live without prev / next buttons.

Thanks for your help, Willam!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines