• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview does not pay attention to conditional text definitions (RoboHelp HTML)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RBH 11.04.291, I am previewing a topic with two type of conditional text using the binoculars. I set the Conditional Build Tag Expression to one or the other, but regardless of my selection, the other conditional text remains.

testtopic.gif

BuildExp.gif

I've also tried using the Advanced build expression (instead of Not Condition_2, using Condition_1) with the same results.

BuildExp2.gif

I previewed in Chrome, IE, and Firefox. Also the same results.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you also share screen captures of what your expressions look like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The conditions are merely Condition_1 and a color and Condition_2 and another color.

ConditionalBT1.gifConditionalBT2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the actual help topics, the conditions reflect the two modes of the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You show the properties. Not the expressions.

Let's try again. When you are previewing your topic, click the Define button and show us what the dialog looks like where things aren't working.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that was odd. Sorry, I misunderstood you.

DefineBuildCondition1.gif

DefineBuildCondition2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this one is weird. From all I have seen it would appear that it *SHOULD* be working.

I think if I were in your shoes, I'd begin with a brief "sanity check". Create a totally new and fresh topic. Select a word or perhaps an entire sentence and apply only one tag. Then preview the topic and choose the expression that excludes the tag. If all is working as it should be, the tagged content should perform a disappearing act.

So give that a go and see if it works. If so, it means the entire conditional feature is working and you have something going on with that single topic.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good idea. I made a completely new project and tested it - worked fine. Something's off with my project. I'll poke around and see what I can find. Thanks Rick and Captiv8r.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp